The Victim, the Saviour and the Human Side of an Ass

Currently, I was in Anjana's suite in the hotel as Anjana was sifting through her wardrobe. I didn't understand why but she needed me to  help her pick out an outfit for some Chef's gala on next Saturday. And by helping I meant, watching her show me dresses after dresses where I just sat and said, "That's really pretty!" Right then my phone rang and I looked at the caller ID, it was Moira. I thanked God and excused myself to go outside to have a chat.

As I stepped into the hallway, I answered her call, "You're my saviour and I love you."

She gave me a lot of Winterfell update. And I told her all about my Goa Adventure (excluding the elevator part where I had kicked him in the knee). I didn't know how she'd respond to that. After about 10 to 15 minutes of conversation, I walked into Anjana's room. But as I stepped into her suite, something didn't feeling quite right. The atmosphere had somehow shifted. The door to her room was open and I knew somebody was inside with Anjana. I just didn't know how but I felt it. I peeped into the room through the little opening in the door and what I saw was terrifying.

Anjana was on the floor by her bedside table, sobbing. There was a guy who was threatening her in a deathly quite voice. His back was to me but I could see her sobbing on the floor in front of that man. And then...then he hit her. She cried. And something in my gut churned. As quietly as I could, I picked up a ceramic vase from the small table beside the door and slowly walked into the room and thanked God for the door didn't make a sound. I tip-toed in and seconds later, which felt like hours, I was right behind him.

"You bitch, you can't just leave me. I need to meet them. You can't keep them away from me!" He was hissing at Anjana.

He was about to hit her again but I just smashed the vase on his head. He turned around and fell to ground. He was looking at me with murderous eyes. Anjana shrieked and I took her hand and dragged her out of the room. She was still sobbing.

"C'mon let's get out of here." I was panicking but I had to keep my calm. Anjana wasn't looking so good.

I locked the door behind us and we quickly ran off to Aadil's suite. As soon as Aadil opened his door, Anjana fell right into his arms, and she cried out loud.

"He's back. He's back. Please..." she said while fighting her own sobs. I looked at them, as Aadil was shushing her in an embrace.

The cops were called as Anjana and I told Aadil everything that had happened. Anjana was jittered and she was already in a deep slumber. Aadil closed the door of his room and then looked at me.

"Are you okay?" he asked me. I nodded.

Then I followed him back to Anjana's suite, the cops were there. They opened the door and the man was still there. They got him out and were taking him away.

I was right there, beside Aadil when that man, whom they were now calling Samar, looked at me with rage in his eyes. He yelled and broke out of the cops' hold and sprinted towards me. He lept at me as I fell to the ground. His hands were wrapped around my neck in a deadly grip. I gasped for air as people around us were trying to get him off of me. Tears welled up in my eyes as I heard him yell, "I'll kill you, bitch! I'll kill you!"

Finally, Aadil, with the help of some cops, got him off of me. I sat there on the rug coughing and gasping for air. My neck was throbbing.

I was in Aadil's room with Anjana and after an hour or so, he came back. I looked at him and all I saw was concern. He was really worried. Anjana was still asleep. He sat on the couch right across from me.

"You should go to your room, maybe rest a little." he said. His voice was warmer than usual- almost as if he was concerned, as if he cared.

"I'm fine. Besides, I think I should stay with her for a while." I said.