The Apology, the Intro and the Mother's Way of Looking

As I turned around to look at Aaradhya, she grinned and walked away. I looked around to see if anybody is looking at us, some of them were. So, I grabbed his arm and dragged him into a more isolated and dimly lit corridor. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" I whisper-yelled. "How did you even get here?"

"I took a flight." He said with smug smile. 

"You know that's not what I'm asking."

"I have my ways. I'm rich." I rolled my eyes to the point where I almost lost contact.

"I told you to leave me alone and stay the hell away from me!" He guiltily looked at me. He can take his guilt and shove it up his ass for all I care. Then I realized; "You've been keeping tabs on me, haven't you?"

"I-I didn't want you to do something stupid or get into trouble. I was just checking up on you! Then I got the information that you're here and I realized you're too smart for that. I knew you wouldn't do anything stupid. I didn't know what to do with that info so I thought I'd use it!"

"Are you insane?" I yelled at him. "Do you not understand the concept of space? I told you I don't want to see you and yet here you are, not considering my feelings...again. Please, leave!"

"At least let me explain!"

"I don't your explanation, you can shove it, Wadia!" I was on the verge of crying but I couldn't. "Go away." I started walking away but he held both my arms in an ironclad grip. 

"I'm trying to talk to you. I don't expect you to forgive me. I probably don't even deserve it. But I left my work and came here all the way because I couldn't stop thinking about you." He said in frustration. "I came here all the way to just say...I'm sorry." I looked at him, my mouth open, my eyebrows furrowed. I had no idea what to say. He continued, "I'm sorry. I'm an idiot, ok? I didn't know how to react to that information, I couldn't reciprocate it. I...I'm sorry. I really care about you, Sahana. I just didn't want your first time to be in some stupid club's stupid bathroom. You deserve better. I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I had to. That's why I came here. But I do respect your feelings, always have. I'll leave if it's bothering you." I looked at him for a brief moment as he looked me intently in the eyes. I didn't know what to think. I didn't know what to say. Before a tear could escape my eyes, I walked away. 

As I was walking fast, trying to avoid people on the way, I saw my mother and she was looking at me. I know that look. It was a mixture of sympathy, love, judgement and a whole lot of what-am-I-going-to-do-with-you. I stopped on my tracks. She came closer to me and took my hand in hers. 

"So, the mysterious monumental problem that made you so salty was...a boy problem?" She smiled.

"Aaradhya went straight to you, didn't she?" I rolled my eyes. "And it's NOT a boy problem."

"Your temper is just like your father's. You're stubborn like him too you know!"

"Ma, please, I don't want to talk about it."

"Before you go and sulk in your room, listen to me. I don't know what he did or what happened but I think you should at least listen to what he has to say if he came all the way here from Mumbai."

"Ma, I-"

"Try forgiving people once in a while. I'm not saying do it easily but at least try giving people second chances," she said with a small smile. "And don't you dare forgive him easily, he's made my Laddoo upset...but give him the benefit of the doubt at least. I don't know what he is, friend or more or less. I just want you to be happy, you know that right?" I hugged her before walking to the elevator to get into my room. "Also, try and let him stay." I heard her yelling from behind me.