Chapter 6: Was it really an accident?

I started my way home once again. Hopping and skipping here and there. I still didn't want to go home, I didn't like the way I was treated at home. Why do I even call it home if it's just hell? As I approached the door, I fumbled to find my key to the door. But, just before I found the key, my 'mother' opened the door and was now standing there in front of me.

"Where have you been last night?" her voice was filled with rage, which brought tears to my eyes because I was frightened of her.

" I-I um... I went shopping for the food a-and I was planning on taking the bus home because it wa-" she cut me off before I could finish my incomplete sentence.

" The bus? Are you crazy or something!? You could've gotten hurt!" she was only saying it nicely because she knew there were people watching. But they knew the real truth about me and my family. My mother and father didn't want me and they were too lazy to put me through adoption. My older siblings weren't mistakes, but I was.

My mother gestured me to go into the house, so I took my time and climbed in slowly. Once my mother closed the door, she turned into a monster. She was yelling and screaming, and then my father walked in, he started yelling and screaming. After a long discussion, my mothers clenched fist flew behind her. I already knew what was coming, so I had to go through my 'Daily Punishments'. I tried not to cry , I mean tried really hard. Then it happened... My mother didn't punch me, she broke me. She was enraged, instead of her clenched fist meeting my face, it ended up being her entire body against mine. My father joined in and they ended up crushing all my bones. My parents or siblings couldn't care less... Until I passed out onto the cold floor. When my eyes fluttered open, I was on a stretcher rushing into a hospital room.

"Baby?" My mother asked, her eyes were filled with tears and so were my dads.

"M-mom....?" I knew I shouldn't have replied to her. It was a bad vibe.

" Oh honey," she started stroking my hair softly, sniffling every three strokes." I'm so sorry, I- We didn't know what we were thinking. I-it was an accident! I swear to god!" both my parents were sobbing as if their favorite store had closed down. Was it really an accident? or did she do this to make people feel bad...for her?