16.

Wanda sits with Jasper and Pietro, Emmett perched on the couch behind them as Carlisle stands, the five of them watching the CNN report playing on the tv. 

"Seattle is in a state of terror...Police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances" Bella and Edward enter. "Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer... Reporting live, Dawn Chubai. CNN" Carlisle turns the tv off moving to sit on the other side of Jasper.

"It's getting worse. We're going to have to do something"

"It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting. Quite a few more. They're undisciplined, conspicuous..." Jasper starts holding onto Wanda's hand.

"Newborns" Edward adds.

"What, like new vampires?" Bella asks, Wanda takes Pietro's hand, her eyes flashing red as they share their thoughts on the matter.

"In their first few months after the change" Edward answers Bella.

"That's when we're at our most uncontrollable, vicious, insane with thirst" Jasper elaborates. Emmett smirks at Bella.

"Something to look forward to" He teases,

"No one has trained these newborns, but this isn't random"

"Someone's creating an army" Carlisle states. Jasper nods, Emmett rises, enthusiastic.

"Oh, now we definitely going to Seattle" Jasper kisses Wanda's head.

"An Army of vampires?" Pietro asks out loud.

"And they've been created to fight someone," Jasper tells him.

"We're the only clan even close to Seattle"

"Regardless, of who are they were may, if we don't put a stop to them, the Volturi will. I'm surprised they've let it go on this long"

"Maybe they're behind it. In Italy, I read Aro's mind...He wants me and Alice to join him... Our gifts would shore up his power......He knows we'd never choose him as long as our family is still alive. An army could solve that for him. And if he were to hear of the twins" Edward looks to Wanda and Pietro. "Wanda's gifts......specifically" Bella takes this in.

"We can't wait two weeks for graduation; you need to change me now..."

"You'd be a liability as a newborn. Unable to control your instincts. An easy target" Carlisle puts and empathetic hand on Bella's shoulder.

"There's also your father to consider. And your mother. How terrible would it be for them if you suddenly disappeared?" Bella can't argue. Wanda looks to Jasper, she sets her hand on his neck and he looks to her.

"It'll be okay," he tells her softly taking her hand from his neck and presses his lips to the back of it.

"Nu crede asta" Pietro states.

"Stiu" Wanda responds looking to her brother.

........................

"What do you think?" Wanda asks brushing down her dress, Jasper smiles behind her.

"You look beautiful....as always" she glances back at him and smiles warmly at him.

"I suppose you have to say that," she tells him back.

"Because I am madly in love with you?" he asks moving towards her, she rolls her eyes but smiles anyway. "It has nothing to do with it being true?" he brushes her hair over her shoulder and kisses her neck. "Every time I see you.....I have to check I am not dreaming"

"You are being corny, what is wrong?" she asks looking to him. Jasper strokes her cheek.

"It's nothing" she grabs his wrist. "Don't...read me"

"Then tell me" she moves his hand to her face and nuzzles into it.

"I am concerned...." he tells her. "This army...." he sighs and closes his eyes. "If it was to come here.....you would be in danger" Wanda smirks and kisses his wrist.

"I am perfectly capable of looking out for myself...." he looks to her. Wanda holds up a hand and lets a ball of red energy bounce along her fingers. "These powers.....Jasper....you don't need to worry about me" he leans forward and kisses her.

"I'm still going to" he whispers. "Cause I love you"

"I love you too..." Wanda tells him back with a smile.

..........................

Wanda sits beside Pietro, and on either side of them Alice and Jasper, Jasper holds Wanda's hand and Pietro holds Alice's. Jessica Stanely stands on stage making the graduation speech.

"When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up... Our answers were things like astronaut, president...Or in my case, princess. When we were ten, they asked again and we answered – a rock star, cowboy, or in my case, gold medalist. But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how 'bout this: who the hell knows?!" Loud hoots and hollers from the audience. "This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions, it's the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train, and get stuck somewhere chill. Fall in love – a lot. Major in philosophy because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind. Then change it again, because nothing is permanent..." Jasper squeezes Wanda's hand, she looks to him, he kisses her hand. "So make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask again what we want to be... we won't have to guess. We'll know"

............................

It's wall to wall with teenagers. Dancing, celebrating. Alice has transformed the place into a magical nightclub. Wanda hates it. She keeps to the shadows, hiding, unfortunately, Jasper finds her, he grabs her hand and pulls her out. 

"No, Jasper....I don't.....there are too many people here in so little space" He pulls her closer and wraps an arm around her waist. 

"You'll be fine" he tells her leaning down to kiss her. "I'm right here with you" he pulls her closer still. "Do you trust me?" 

"Of course I do...." he pulls her closer to the party. 

"And I you" he tells her. "As long as you are with me.....I can take on the world" he smiles at her. "And I want you to know....that I hope you feel the same with me...." 

"I do, Jasper.....of course I do.....you are the first person.....except for Pietro.....that makes me feel....human" 

"You are human, Wanda" he whispers. She looks up at him. 

"No.....I'm not....humans they don't live as long as I have...they can't do the things I can.....I don't know what I am...but I am not human" Jasper kisses her softly. 

"I love you anyway" she smiles at him. "Dance with me....." he takes her hand and kisses the back of it before pulling her towards the dancefloor. Wanda shoots him a skeptic look but does not fight him on it. He spins her and smirks pulling her back to him, she slaps his chest as he chuckles, dancing with her.

 ................................

Jasper watches something over Wanda's shoulder. 

"What is it?" Wanda asks turning to look over her shoulder. Alice stands at the stairs with Bella and Jacob. And then suddenly Pietro is there glaring at Jacob. Wanda moves then, towards the group, Jasper follows her. Pietro growls at Jacob. 

"I suggest you remove – your – arm. Before I do" Jacob does so, slowly, carefully. Alice looks to Pietro. 

"The decision's been made"

"What's going on? You're not going to Seattle?" Bella asks. 

"No..." Alice looks at Jasper. "They're coming here"