28.

Jasper wraps a blanket around Wanda sat in front of the fire in the cabin, she smiles up at him. He sits behind her and wraps his arms around her, his nose nuzzling into her neck, she hums happily and leans back into his chest. They've barely ventured outside, only to hunt and feed and then returned to the comfort of the cabin. They're happy here. Happy and alone. He kisses her neck and closes his eyes. He is loving these moments with her.

"We could stay here" he tells her softly. He's thought about it a lot the last few days, being here with her, he could see his entire life with her playing out by this fire. They have everything they need here. Animals in the wilderness. Each other in arms. This, to him, is perfect.

"What about Pietro?" she asks. "And Alice?" she adds turning slightly to look at him.

"We're only a short flight away" he answers. "And I am sure they'll understand" she cocks her head slightly and touches his face.

"And you would be happy here?" she asks him. "Away from your family?" he shrugs.

"I have you" he answers. "What more do I need?" she stares at him before shrugging and shaking her head.

"Jaz" she whispers. "You love your family" he nods.

"I do" he agrees brushing her hair back from her face, twirling the red strands between his fingers.

"Maybe something closer" she offers. "We could find something near the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest" he raises an eyebrow at her. "I did my research before we moved" she admits softly. "Somewhere quiet" she offers climbing into his lap. "Somewhere peaceful"

"Not a lot of people" he adds wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Close enough for visitors" she whispers brushing her lips over his.

"But not every day" he adds with a smile as she pushes him back to the rug beneath them. This is a side to the newborn aspect he's going to miss, when she's horny all the time. It won't go away, but it'll settle slightly after a few months. Emmett and Rosalie are still at it like rabbits even after decades together, so Jasper has hope that she'll always want him. She will. Jasper is her one. Her one and always. Her soul mate. Just as she is his. He reaches up and strokes her cheek. "Whatever you want, honey" he assures her. "Wherever you want...." she leans closer and kisses him. "I'd follow you anywhere" he promises her, entirely sincere. He would follow her to the ends of the earth if she asked him to.

"We could go travelling" she whispers, knows that eventually the blood lust will simmer, she could go anywhere she wanted, anywhere she hasn't been. With the love her life. She could see Paris. She could go to Barcelona and Tokyo.

"Wherever you want" Jasper promises her warmly, her eyes glisten with tears she wants to shed but she can no longer with her vampirism. Her emotions fluctuating all over the place. Jasper threads his fingers through her hair. "Maybe later we can take a trip to those hot springs mentioned in the leaflet?" he asks her. "Under the stars...take some blood...." she nods.

"Sounds perfect" she whispers because it does sound perfect to her. She leans closer and lets him wraps his arms around her as he nuzzles into his chest, curling up with him. He takes a breath of her scent, just breathing her in. There is something more about her now. With her vampirism there is something fresher. Less blood. More comfortable. More like home. Her lips find his neck, her tongue brushing over his skin. He moans slightly. Amazed at how fast she can go from longing to sex.

...............

Wanda pulls her dress up over her head as she steps into the hot springs, the water warm against her skin. Jasper takes a shaky breath watching her, because she looks beautiful in the moonlight, lit up by the stars above them. Her naked flesh a sight to him. He loves his wife. Finds her the most beautiful thing in the entire world. He shreds his shirt and follows her into the pool of water. This was a good idea. This was his best idea ever. Getting to see wife like this. Looking so pure and ethereal. How did he get so lucky? Seriously, what did he ever do to deserve someone this stunning?

"I love you" she tells him as she stares back at him, her eyes on him as he steps into the water. He smiles as he reaches her, his hands touching her arms and sliding down to thread with her fingers.

"I love you too" he assures her. "More than anything.....ever..." he leans closer and kisses her softly. She hums and wraps her arms around his neck pulling herself closer to him.

...............

Wanda pouts a little as Jasper packs the car, the end of their vacation. Part of her doesn't want to leave, another part misses Pietro and the others. She's conflicted. This vacation, this honeymoon is just what they needed. Time away from the chaos of Forks. She looks back at the house one last time as Jasper approaches her, his hand soft on her shoulder.

"Come on" he tells her softly taking her hand. "Pietro will have missed you; and I know you miss him" she nods a little as he nudges her nose. "Let's go home" he whispers, she hums and nods turning to him.

"Okay" she agrees leaning into his chest. He kisses her head and pulls back.

"Whatever comes" he tells her. "Know that I am with you, always" he assures her touching her cheek, she smiles at him and nods.

"I know" she whispers leaning into his hand. "As I am with you, Jasper"