Chapter 1

(Y / N) 's POV

My name is (Y / N). I am born and raised in Los Angeles, California. I am 16 years old and in a couple of weeks, me, my sister, and Father are moving to Japan because of his work. I really wanna go out with my friends to say goodbye to them since I'm not gonna see them for a while, but my father told me no ...

My father hasn't always been this way, he started acting like this when my mother died. My mother died when I was very young, so I don't remember her much and Roselyn doesn't remember her at all. Although, Roselyn was in the car when it crashed. She came out of it with a serious injury to her neck that nearly killed her, which has now scarred. Father says that she can wear a choker to cover up the scar. That is the main reason Father is so protective of us. At first, it started off as just her but over time it gradually went to me as well.

After it gravitated towards me, Father became extremely controlling, only letting me be friends with girls and punishing me every time I hung out with a boy. While we were living in LA, Father had eyes everywhere and knew when I was hanging out with people I "wasn't supposed to". I had hoped that once we moved he would change, but I was sadly mistaken.

Now let's move on to a more lighthearted subject; my career. I had first started singing to escape the harsh containment by Father. I would sing about how trapped I felt and post them on YouTube. One of the videos that I posted went viral and from there I only grew more popular. I was finally happy that I had some way to convey to the outside world how my father was treating me and my little sister, but that happiness didn't last long. Father soon found my account and started keeping any envelope that came for me in the mail, including fan mail, collab invites, contract notices, and even my paycheck. Father had kept my mail in a safe that only he knew the passcode to. Although, I did end up getting all of it back becauseone time when he left to go to work, he forgot to lock the safe. He never noticed that my mail was gone because I took all of the contents out of the envelopes and put in papers so he couldn't tell. So far, he hasn't found out yet. Soon after I got all my stuff back, I secretly opened up a P.O. box and deleted my YouTube channel telling my fans on Instagram that I had to move channels due to some issues. I had Father blocked on all my social media so he didn't know I had them.

After I opened the PO box, all of by mail started going there and I had created a stage name so Father couldn't tell that it was me. Father was very confused when all of the envelopes stopped coming to our house and asked me about it. All I told him was that I was "done being famous" and we left it at that. Every day after school I would go to the PO box to pick up my mail and I stuffed it all in my backpack to hide it from Father. He never found out.

On my new YouTube account, I post a new video every Saturday so video making doesn't get in the way of my studies. When I first started I always did cover songs, but now I do some covers while most of my content is original songs. I kept getting more and more famous every day and surprisingly, I hear Father listening to my songs almost every day. When I asked him what music he was listening to, he said (st / n) and went on an on about how much he "loves her music". 

And that leads to today. I am still a famous singer and Father is still the same. The only thing that's different is my sister. She grew up to look a lot like our mom; long black hair with (H / C) tips that goes down to her mid-thigh, her right eye is red while her left eye is (E / C), and she is also extremely strong. If you put a picture of my mom at her age right next to my sister, you wouldn't be able to tell a difference. My sister and I barely look anything like each other because I look like Father and she looks more like our mother, so when I tell my friends that she is my sister they don't really believe me since we look so different. But, once I show them a picture of my Mother and Father on the day I was born, they believe me. Now that I have started a new year of high school,

~

Word count: 842 words

A / N: I'm so terribly sorry for not updating !! TT My laptop broke and I had no way to update this story because wattpad wasn't working on my tablet and my phone is too small for me to type chapters without getting a splitting headache. Thankfully my mom let me use her laptop while she's at work so I should be able to update this book more often. Thank you so much for reading another chapter should be up either later today or tomorrow so keep a lookout. Love you guys! Byee !! -WR ^. ^

Edited: 8/13/2020 @ 15: 13

Re-Edited 8/20/2020 @ 21:25