Sonic x Mute!Reader

The air was nice today and the sunset was just as beautiful to you. Being out in the forest was the best part of living out here, even if most of the time you were alone. But you did have friends but funny enough not of the same species, you were human but they were animals that can talk. Still throws you for a loop when you think about it honestly. As you were watching the sunset a voice call behind you. "Hey, (Y/N). What are you doing out here?" You pause and take a moment, you sign. "Just watching the sunset. Wanna watch with me?" You finish and sonic smiled. "Of course!" He sat down next to you and sighed happily at the sunset and then he turned to you. "Why are you out here by self? You could have asked us to come with? We became worried when you left without a word...though you do, do that often. Too often for my liking." He frowned and worry was in his eyes. "Sorry didn't mean to worry you." You moved you fingers to "talk" to him, he looked on so he could see all the movements to the signs. "It's okay, just.....at least tell me where your going next time if your shy about saying anything." He chuckled lightly at you.

You looked to him but not really looking at him, you were looking pasted him. He raised an eyebrow, you thought that you weren't shy it's just....you where use to being alone that you didn't really think anyone cared about were you went honestly. But I guess you were wrong. "What are you looking at? Is there something behind me!?" He looked back quickly and you laughed shaking your head. "No, hahaha" You giggled but not a loud one more husky tone actually. Like a fork in a garbage disposal. A sound of a voice that wasn't used in awhile "I was just thinking, I didn't realize I was looking at you." He looked back and sighed he frowned again. "You zone out too much (Y/N), that also worries me. What are you even thinking about?" He touched your face a bit to get your attention, honestly he didn't know if your spacing out again. But he got his answer, you flinched a bit and he quickly jerked his hand away. "Sorry." You shook your head, saying he surprised you and not to worry. He doubted that but smiled anyway to ease himself and you. You sat there for a bit, you thought again about your life and how exactly did you get here when suddenly again you were ripped from your thoughts to see fingers snapping in your face. You gave an annoyed look almost at that. "Geez earth to (Y/N) I've been talking to you for a minute now and you spaced out again. Geez ya sure are a spacey one...." he stopped and looked worried. "What are you thinking about?" He asked. You thought about it and said. "Nothing important honestly, just the past. When I was little, ehh....things.....like I always do. Not much goes on up here really." You giggled and laughed tapping your head with on finger. "(Y/N)! Don't say that, you say that like your dumb or something? Which your not!?" He huffed. You sighed and looked away. "Wait...you never talk your past? Why did you say that now?.....What was your past like."

You sat there frozen for a bit shocked at the question handed to you. "N-Nothing really worth talking about. Just forget I said that." He looked a little mad at that, he pushed on though much to your dismay. "Okay then, why don't you talk? I mean your not deaf and your not blind. Has it always been like that?" He tilted his head asking nonetheless to your sudden discomforts. Your mouth was open a bit, a breath you held in came out quickly like a gasp but not. Eyes widened, pupils small, hands shaking a bit. Suddenly flashes of your life. Yelling, Screaming, Pain, Hands.....The Hands....not the Hands! You moved your hands slightly to you throat and grabbed it a bit. Disappointment, Bastard, Useless, Nobody.....Hands, Burning, Drowning, Gasping, Air!

"Hey! (Y/n) Stop it!?" He pulled your hand away and you breathed hard and fast, your eyes darting around and then landing back on sonic. He held on tightly to your hand he looked back to your throat a bruise was forming on it. "What do you think your doing!? Why did you do that?!" He tighten the hold, his brow was knitted together yet worry and anger was seen in his face. You thought what happened? Oh....yeah...this happened a lot actually it's why you tend to leave at times. A memory, A flashback.....the past. Suddenly Sonic was seen eyes widening and you frowned your brows confused but much didn't reach your face like usual, but you felt "water?" "(Y/n)...?" You were still looking past him, nothing seemed to make you look to him, at him...not threw him. "(Y/N), Don't cry." Suddenly you feel a hand on your face again, you flinched but this time the hand stayed and wiped the tears off your face. "I'm not crying." Sonic looked at you with an annoyed looked both at the fact you said that and you are still not looking at him. "(Y/N), Look at me. Please look at me and not past me." He asked, but you still didn't do what he asked. You felt arms go around your shoulders, sonic was hugging you and you flinched again.

"I would never hurt you, or make fun of you. I want to be here for you so please just tell me what is wrong? Don't make me worry about you. Also never hurt yourself again. You scared the heck out of me!" You bit your lip a bit trying not to sob but it was too late. The tears came out, shoulders shaking even under sonic's hold. Grabbing your face hard and sobbing hard, whimpers came and breathing was hard. "Shh, it's okay let it out. Breath okay? I'm here." He said, he stopped when a voice croaked. "It hurts." He looked at you. "What hurts?!"

His voice raised and panic was in his face, "It hurts..to talk about it, my life was not a good life before I meet you, I...the past is not something I can just tell you. Out of the blue like that. This is why I leave at times, I can't handle my thoughts in the moment and need an escape. I'm sorry if I worried you, I truly am." You bowed your head in shame thinking he would be upset with you. "(Y/N), I'm glad you finally told me." He smiled, you looked back at him a shocked expression. "You don't have to be sorry about any or this. I am sorry you had to live a life of...well whatever it is that you went through, but know that we are here for you. I am here for you." He hugged you and started patting your head in an attempt to calm you. "I truly do not deserve your kindness." You frowned. He frowned as well but looked back at you. "You deserve so much good and more, you deserve the world (Y/N). If only you knew how special you are to us, to me....."

He smiled and blushed a bit and so did you but you were more happy. You buried your face in his necked and breathed softly letting the wind blow in your face, the calm air and wind calming all your mind had to throw at you. "You are the best person...I think I have ever meet." You signed but your hands shaked at the last part, he smiled and grabbed your shaking head. Fingers locking together as he held at slient promise as to say 'I will not let go.' "You are the most beautiful hearted person, I have ever meet (Y/N)." You both sat in slients again and he looked to your neck, the purple was looking darker and he feared that it wasn't the only time you have done this. He saw your laxed face and notice you had fallen asleep. He took this opportunity and picked you up, he looked back to the sunset and smiled a bit, but he frowned and ran in the other direction until he reached the house he shared with his friend Tails the Fox. "Tails, am home." He said softly making sure to not wake the body in his arms. "Oh hey, Sonic was wondering when you would get back. Did you find (Y/-!!" He stopped and saw the purple marks, he hurried to sonic's side and looked to you. "God! Sonic what happened!" His panicked voice rang through the others ears. "Shh! They just fell asleep, I found them where they normally go....but I fear we have something bigger than I ever thought." After a while of explaining what had happened Tails looked you over and came to a conclusion. "Well...judging from what you told me...." "Spit it out Tails, it's okay." Sonic said. "I think this is a habit they do when they are reminded of past...events." He said frowning and looking anxious.

"What do you mean.....?" He said now the anxiety was getting to him. "Well, some people who have a traumatic event happen. They might relive it and act out depending on what it is. In their case....maybe someone has choked them before." He gave sonic a knowing look. Sonic stood up. "Tails! What are you trying to tell me...that someone hurt them!?" He yelled but Tails told him to be quiet, he stopped and put his hands down. "Yes, and it might be the reason that they don't talk either." "W-What?....." "I looked and felt the their throat and it feels as if they have had an injury of some kind on it at some point...and not a small minor one. More like damage that can't be fixed kind." Sonic stood shocked, how do you even process information like that.

"I..." he looked to your sleeping form, he petted your head and sighed when you moved. "S-S-Sonic..." a voice croaked he flinched but was unable to get his emotions together. He decided something. "Well, they are with us now....and we will protect them now and love them." He vowed and Tails smiled and chuckled lightly. "That's just like you sonic. But yeah I agree." Sonic blushed and rubbed his neck. "Don't worry (Y/N), your safe with us and we will never let you go."

This became way longer than I expected and wanted but hey at least I got it done. I wrote this way before Leo x Reader but am now finally getting to it! Enjoy ya people's ♡♢♡