Shadow x Reader

Been a normal day like any other, shadow had been on a job for a few days with no luck. He was suppose to find a human (possibly hurt) and take them back home. He entered a base of some kind, he quickly ran in looking around for any place that would be holding someone in. Men came and tried to stop him and he fought through them, "Don't let him in! Quickly kill him!" Shadow dodge what the men threw at him and soon all the men fell. All still alive but not getting up anytime soon. He kicked one of the guys. "Where are you keeping them?" The man below groaned at the kick, shadow shook his head slightly. "Nothing? then let's see where they might be hiding them?" He started at a fast pace, whipping his head around to see if any doors or sounds could be heard.

He came to the end of a huge hall, "This can't be right?" He pushed the wall, finding a button hidden there and pushed it. As it opened he could hear crying coming from the next room as he entered. "Hello?" He called out. "I'm here to take you home, but you have to tell me where you are." He came into the room but it was dark. "I'm...in here...please don't hurt me..." They called out, finding the switch he turned it on. "I'm here to save you not hurt you." He deadpanned a bit at the statement they made. but he could fault them to much, they must have been through a lot in here. He saw the cage they are being held in, a slim figure in the corner hiding (no clothes on) He could see many marks and cuts on them. "How badly hurt are you?" He asked while pulling on the bars to see how lose they were. "My foot is broken...most is just small cuts, well and bruises." They stated softly. "Okay, I'm getting you out stay there." He hit the bars with a blast and the bars broke. They yelped covering their head. "Stay calm, We must be quiet unless we wanna attract attention to us. I'm Shadow, your name is?" He found a blanket in the corner covering them up. "Y/N...Thank you, but how?" They looked up rubbing their nose. "Your grandfather requested a job saying someone kidnapped you for money." They blinked in shock but sighed in relief nonetheless, afterwards they nodded their head.

"Yes at first, but then they started to hurt me and tried to...well." They teared up. "It's okay no need to say anymore. Come one let's get you out of here." He picked them up and carried them out of the room. Once in the hall, he heard more men coming their way. "I need you to hold on tight okay?" They nod, wrapping their arms around his neck as he toke off running past all the men. He had almost reached the entry when one of them shot at him, sending him flying and the person in their arms fell to the ground. "Shadow!" They yelled dragging themselves on the ground to get to him. They shot again but missed and shadow got up picking them back up. "I'm fine!" He ran out not seeing much of a place to run or hide, he looked down seeing the waterfall. "Not what I usually do, but it will have to do for now. Hang on tight Y/N." Y/N nods and holds on tightly as he jumps down the waterfall. Y/N had passed out at some point but soon came back into awareness of the world.

Y/N blinked as they opened their eyes fully, They looked around. "Shadow?" They got up looked around in a panic. They spotted Shadow at the end of the river and got up, their bad foot ached but they didn't care much, they need to help shadow. Once they got to him they fell to the floor the blanket fell off of them. "Shadow!" They kneeled down to listening for his heartbeat. Finding none they started to push down on his chest and breath in his mouth, they repeated this process till he started to cough a bit of blood came out from his wound as he did so. "Shadow! Thank goodness." They sighed. "Where are we?" He asked. "We are far away from the base. We seem to be in more forest area." They looked around. "Good then. We just need to walk a bit to get you back home- Ugh!"  His wound bleed more, he grunts loudly. "We can't move yet! Not till you rested for a bit." They picked up the blanket and ripped some of it off. "Sit up I have to wrap up your shoulder." He did as said. They carefully wrapped it up. "Lucky for you it went through without much problem." They said as they smiled. "Thanks, though you should cover up unless you wanna get sick." He stated matter of factly. They blushed somewhat but they looked down. "Here I'll help." He got up and fixed it to tie it around them. It wasn't much but it was better then letting them walk around without anything on. Shadow wasn't bothered but humans are different from his kind, well even some of his kind wear clothes. Like Amy and Cream, they looked pretty cute though he thought, no taller then 5'5 and had shoulder length hair, neither boy or girl but they could pass of as either or if they wanted too.