Prologue

Copyright © 2012 Nicole Mckoy

Three Years Earlier

Monica had just had yet another fight with her on again off again boyfriend Richard. He was upset that she had blown him off to go to a friend's party. Monica didn't care it wasn't her fault he had to work. Why should she have to miss a good party her senior year of college because her boyfriend had to work. Monica had met Richard her freshman year of college and they had been going back and forth ever since then. If it wasn't for her best friend Kevin she would have thought all guys were assholes.

Kevin and his girlfriend since freshman year of high school had broken up after she had accused him of cheating. Kevin had been partnered in one of his classes with a girl his girlfriend Pamela (Pam) didn't like. "She has fake boobs, fake hair, and her eyes on you." Pamela would always say. She had gone to Kevin's apartment the night before and found him and the partner sleeping in each other's arms on his couch. It was her shouting that had woken them up. "I knew you were cheating on me!" Was all Kevin heard before he was being beaten in the head by Pam's handbag. "Pam calm down nothing is going on." Kevin had said. But it was no use Pam already had in her head that Kevin was cheating.

After having had both bad nights with their significant other's the night before Kevin and Monica friends since they were in diapers, decided to hit the party together. It was one of the last college parties they would ever attend. Graduation was only a month away. They both knew once graduation happened they'd go there separate ways. Monica was going to be moving to New York to become a writer and Kevin was going to LA in hopes of becoming an NBA player. He was getting a degree in management but his focus was basketball. They knew they would keep in touch but they wouldn't be as close as they'd been all their lives that was certain.

"You know Pam will come back to you once she comes to her senses," Monica said. Monica never told Kevin this but she never cared for Pam. Ever since she got her hooks into Kevin freshman year of high school she'd made his life a drama scene. She was always causing random fights just to get under Kevin's skin. "And Richard will apologize once he comes to his senses," Kevin said. Kevin himself never liked Richard since Monica met him. Kevin always saw Richard as a lying playboy. He never told Monica but he always thought Richard might have been cheating on her. It hurt Kevin to think that his best friend was getting played. But he knew he couldn't burst her bubble because she was in love.

"Enough with the pity party lets dance," Monica said. She grabbed Kevin's hand and pulled him onto the dance floor. Kevin never liked dancing publicly because he knew he had no rhythm. On the court he had all the right moves but on a dance floor he just looked awkward. Monica knew Kevin didn't like dancing in public but she didn't want to dance alone. She always tried to get him to take dance lessons but he refused. He always said to her "This white boy just ain't got any rhythm so deal with it." He always knew how to make her laugh. Monica never teased him about him not knowing how to dance, much. "You know I don't dance Monica," Kevin protested. Monica rolled her eyes and began to move. "Just dance and stop whining white boy," she said. Monica was African American and Kevin was Caucasian. They never called each other out on their difference in race unless it was in a joking manner. "You're going to pay for this," Kevin said. He just stood still as Monica began to grind on him.

Kevin and Monica were both pretty wasted. When Monica kept moving her hips and body right on Kevin he couldn't take it. He moved his hands to her waist and moved with her. "See just do what you feel," Monica encouraged. He was actually moving right to the beat. Him being drunk had a lot to do with his dance rhythm being on point. Monica backed into Kevin so that she was pressed right to his crotch. She always danced like this with boys, well with Richard. So she didn't find a problem with dancing against her best friend in the same way.

Kevin got through two songs before he got affected by Monica's moves. He had always found her to be attractive even though he had never dated anyone outside his race. He loved the way she smelt and how her hair was all in a curly afro style all the time. Monica placed her hands on Kevin's that were resting on her waste and moved slower. Kevin felt himself begin to get turned on by the movement. "Monica stop," he whispered in her ear. Monica was confused. "Why," she asked? Kevin felt embarrassed that his best friend who he'd grown up with was turning him on. "Because you're affecting me," he said. Monica giggled and turned her head a slight bit so she could see his face. "Affecting you how," she said. Kevin moved his lips right to her ear. "You're turning me on. So stop moving your hips so much or else I'm going to have to take you somewhere in private," Kevin said. Monica was stunned by his words. Never had Monica ever thought Kevin was attracted to her. She had always found his hazel eyes intoxicating. She also liked the way he had his brown hair cut so it spiked up a little. And his abs omg! She was always catching herself biting her lip while he would play pick up games or practice on the court shirtless.

Monica shook those thoughts out of her head. "You wouldn't dare," Monica tested. She was drunk and feeling flirty she had nothing to lose. "Don't test me Moni," Kevin warned. Kevin had nicknamed Monica back when they were kids Moni because he couldn't fully pronounce her name at first. "You're not going to do anything Kev so just shut up and dance," Monica said using her nickname for him.

Kevin was turned on but her quick-witted comebacks. Monica had always had a smart mouth. "Ok don't believe me, lets go," Kevin said. He threw Monica over his shoulder and headed upstairs. The party they were at was being held in a frat house so there were plenty of rooms. "Kev put me down," Monica protested hitting his back with her small fist. Kevin chuckled as he hit the upstars hallway. "In a minute be patient," Kevin said. He gave her butt a slap. Monica tensed up and immediately stop hitting his back. Kevin had only hit her on the butt with dishtowels whenever they had been cooking in his or her kitchens at each other's houses. But back then it had been playful. Something about his slap to her backside made her feel tingly for an un-playful reason.

Monica was still in thought as Kevin placed her on a bed. They were in a dark room and the door was closed. "Kevin what are we doing in here," she asked? Kevin had a smirk on his face but Monica couldn't see it due to the darkness of the room.

Monica was sitting at the edge of the bed and Kevin stood in front of her. She looked up at him as his face came down to hers. Kevin's mouth came down on Monica's sending a spark through them both. He moved his hands to her waist moving her back against the bed so he could hover above her.

Their kissing became passionate quick both of their lips moving in sync. Kevin moved his hands under Monica's shirt as she moved her hands through his hair. Kevin's hands found the outside lace trim of Monica's bra. Monica moved her hands down to Kevin's back as he lifted her shirt over her head. Throwing her shirt aside Kevin pulled back to look at Monica. "You're beautiful," he whispered as he moved to unclasp her bra. Monica was still as Kevin's gaze roamed over her chest. Kevin placed light kisses to Monica's bare breast as his hands moved down to unzip her jeans. "Kevin what are we doing?" Monica asked as Kevin's kisses moved down her stomach. "Having one night together," he said. Monica wanted this and so did Kevin. They were frustrated in their outside relationships and needed just this one night. So they were going to make this night last.

*** I know I have two stories started already but I wanted to make a more adult romacne story for those who don't like young adult romances. Anyway tell me what you think of the story so far. Should I keep writing? Comment your thoughts below.****