The Magic Knights Entrance Exam

(Y/n) POV

William: We will now have you all take several tests. The nine of us will evaluate your performance, and then we will select the candidates we would like to add to our squads. If chosen, you will join that squad. If chosen by more than one squad, you may choose the squad you would like to join. On the other hand, those are not chosen by any captain are not qualified to join the Magic Knights.

(Y/n): Sounds easy enough.

????: Fool.

(Y/n): Hmmm.

I turn and see someone in a black cloak covering their face 

(Y/n):  Ummmm, can I help you.

????: You are naive to think this would be easy. This exam was made to evaluate the skills of all participants. 

(Y/n): Guess I'll just have to show you how skilled I am then

????: We shall see then.

(Y/n): Alright.

I leave the weird cloaked person and go towards the center of the coliseum. I missed the directions that captain William gave but I can guess that he gave us our brooms for a reason. I mount my broom and concentrate until I begin to rise into the air.

(Y/n): Yeah I did it!

I see Yuno standing on his broom flying around effortlessly.

(Y/n): Showoff.

The person in the cloak hovers next to me.

????: This was an easy task that even the most useless mage could complete.

The cloaked person looks down. I follow their gaze and see that they're looking at Asta.

????: I guess I was wrong.

(Y/n): Asta.

????: You know him.

(Y/n): He's a friend.

????: Then be a good friend and tell him he doesn't belong.

(Y/n): A good friend wouldn't hold him back. 

????: Fine then let him fail.

(Y/n): Asta isn't going to fail. But it may be harder for him to pass with just a sword, oh well.

The cloaked person and I complete the rest of the exams. It looked like they used some kind of magic using her shadow to complete the test. I mostly used my sword but I would use my dagger for long range exams. Some of the exams I wasn't able to pass since I could only use my knife and sword. We continued like this until captain William announced the final exam.

William: All right. The next exam shall be the last one. You will engage in actual combat.

(Y/n): Heck yeah, this is going to be easy!

I could tell from the other candidate's expressions that they were surprised and worried about the final exam. Captain Fuegoleon stands up and starts yelling.

Fuegoleon: You'll be battling! You will pair off and fight with your partner. You may use your grimoires to attack. Fighting is our duty. Show us your true abilities!

William: As soon as one of you yields or becomes unable to fight, the exam will be over. There will be mages who can use healing magic on standby.

Fuegoleon: So fight to your heart's content!

(Y/n): I'm at a disadvantage here. I won't be able to use my sword fully or I might kill someone. I'll have to make sure not to hit any vital organs.