vendetta - jeno ft. jisung (!now a book!)

jeno - prince! au
jisung & reader - assassin! au
~~~
ⓑⓐⓢⓔⓓ ⓞⓕⓕ ⓣⓗⓔ ⓟⓘⓒⓣⓤⓡⓔ ⓐⓑⓞⓥⓔ :)
~~~

Being an assassin wasn't what you wished for. You grew up not knowing what love was; your parents had died a long time ago before you could even speak. The only family you had ever known was Jisung, your older brother, two years older than you. Although he did take care of you well, he never displayed any form of affection. He was always stone cold like an assassin was always supposed to be. You didn't find it fair at all. Then again, you never knew your parents as Jisung did. And whenever you brought them up, he would shut you down immediately, a look of scorn on his face. The only word he had mentioned about your parents was "vendetta". You were six at the time and you had no idea what the word meant. You still didn't. You've asked him countless amounts of times, yet every time you asked, he simply ignored you. You longed for some kind of affection. Even a small hug would suffice.

~~~

The light from outside made its way into your practice room. Weapons lined the walls and practice dummies stood on one side of the room. The forest swallowed the hut you and your brother stayed in, keeping you hidden from the rest of humanity. Civilization was many blocks away, near the outskirts of the forest. You had always wanted to go, but Jisung never let you. He told you to wait until he found more information. How could he find more information on a place you'd never been to before?

You grabbed the hilt of your knife and threw it against the mannequin from across the room. The blade landed in the body of the mannequin, right below from where a person's ribs would be.

"Again," Jisung said sternly, for what felt like the 100th time that day.

"Jisung, I've done this more than fifty times already! What else do you want me to do?"

"Again," he persisted, pulling the knife out by its hilt and tossing it back to you. What you two did was dangerous but it was the only life you had known. Sometimes, you wished for a different life. One full of simple luxuries you couldn't experience now.

"Why do we do this again?" you asked your brother. He stayed silent for a few moments.

"We've had a vendetta. I've just found the person to pay for it. And that's what you're training for right now."

"Pay for what, Jisung? And what does vendetta even mean? I've asked you so many times and all you do is ignore me." Just like every other time, he ignored you once again.

"We're killing someone tonight, Y/N. I'll finally be able to make them pay."

~~~

"Good morning, Prince Jeno!" His advisors, Jaemin and Renjun, had been at this for their whole lives; appealing to Jeno, obeying his every command. Renjun elbowed Jaemin hard in the ribs, making Jaemin groan out of pain. They both had a little crush on the prince. Sometimes, they would even compete to get his praise.

"Good morning, Jaemin, Renjun." The two blushed just by hearing their names come out of the prince's mouth.

"What would you like to do today, Jeno?" Jaemin asked. Renjun pouted, wanting to ask Jeno since Jaemin got to do it the day before.

"How about a walk around the village? It's a beautiful day out, isn't it?" The prince's advisors agreed enthusiastically. They grabbed a small bag on the way out to buy groceries at the market.

~~~

"Hey! Park Jisung! Why do I have to wear this?" You signaled to the old-fashioned dress that reached your ankles. "It's almost 80 degrees outside!"

"Don't talk to me so informally like that. This is how they dress in the village. I'll agree with you that it doesn't make any sense to be wearing this in such hot weather, but we're gonna need to disguise ourselves in order to fit in. Now repeat again—what's the plan?" said Jisung. You groaned. You two went over the plan too many times that night.

"We go in together with the last names of Kim. Your name is Haneul and I'm just using my regular name because no one knows me." You paused. "But don't they not know you too?"

Jisung shifted his weight back into his right leg. "Continue."

"Our village has burnt down and so we moved to this village. I'll befriend the prince after a week or so of accommodating to the village and the people there. You'll work as a blacksmith for the village and I'll work as a florist. The prince loves flowers so it'll naturally lure him to our shop. I'll learn all his weaknesses and strengths, everything there is to know about him in order to assassinate him."

"And most importantly?" He prodded at your head. Your chest felt heavy as you sighed.

"No feelings."

~~~

The birds chirped and the town bustled. Farmers sold their produce to the people. Little children played by the playground that Jeno constructed. He smiled at the children before bumping into a smaller figure. He looked down to see a girl he had never seen before. Before he knew it, he was mesmerized in her eyes and in a trance just by looking at her smile.

"Sorry. I-I've never seen you here before," he chuckled nervously. "What's your name and why have I never seen you around?"

You took his hand that he reached out and pulled yourself back up to your feet.

"My name is Y/N. Kim Y/N. My village burned down so my brother and I ventured here this morning." You have a bright smile to the boy in front of you. You realized just how handsome he was, but then reminded yourself. No feelings. You could feel the stares of jealous village girls watching you and Jeno, whispering into each other's ears.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Y/N. I'm Prince Jeno of this village. I hope you enjoy your new life around here. Sometimes it could be a little busy." You both laughed. You remembered what Jisung had told you. Stay with him at any moment you can. Take advantage of the situation.

"I was wondering, your majesty-"

"Please, just call me Jeno."

"Well I was wondering, Jeno. Could you give me a little tour of the town. It's a little bigger than my old town."

"Of course, Y/N. It's my job to make sure you're comfortable here," he said endearingly. Did he talk like that to everyone? Before you could answer that question, you took his arm he held out for you as he guided you through the crowded streets. You've been preparing your whole life for this moment. This could finally be your chance to make Jisung proud.
~~~
IMPORTANT: i've made this into a book! please check it out because i'll be updating there from now on :)

(a/n): a big thank you to my friend Samantha for helping me brainstorm the plot of the story all the way down to the details and history! we had so much fun writing this imagine and we hope you like it as well! don't forget to vote cuz this took kinda long hehe ;) she also helped me edit this so a huge thank you to her 🥰
~~~
updated : may 10, 2019
1233 words