Cairo

I held my brothers cold and stiff hand as I scan throughout his body that is covered in white hospital sheet.

It has been 2 years since he had been in a coma due to his severe symptoms of schizophrenia and depression, after our parents death it just seems like he hasn't gone over it..

He was doing so much better in the past but after what happened to Mom and Dad, he totally relapsed into his worse self.

"Ada" my small fragile sister tugged my shirt. "Let's go, he is going to be alright"

I try to hold back my tears in order for me to look strong in front of my little sister, Leila.

I turn to face her small delicate face and smiled out of assurance, "We will, we will"

She then returns a smile and looks down in patience.

I let go of my brothers hand and set it gently next to him. I pulled the white blanket sheet over him and tugged it in the edge of his torso so nothing chilly would enter.

He's so young, at the age of 16 he had been developing his symptoms and illness. But after countless of therapy sessions and medication he had been taking over the years, he was getting better and healthier.

Happiness filled in our families hearts when he was able to do things he would always want to without stressing.

Not until our parent's were involved in a car crash that left them dead for over 5 years, it tortured him inside for years until he passed out and is now in a coma.

Now I'm just left with Leila, my 8 year old sister who is now my biggest responsibility besides Cairo, my brother.

As a middle child, it's hard to to take care of both siblings while working and studying at the same time with no parents or anyone to guide me but still, I will keep doing as I'm doing and fulfill my duty as a sister to help them whenever and however in any situation.

They need me, and I will not hesitate to care for them physically and mentally.

"Let's go" I quietly tell my sister.

We packed our stuff and bags after spending the night watching over Cairo but stopped in our place when Dr. Sanchez entered through the door that made a heavily creaking sound.

He brings a clipboard with him and greets us then he observes Cairo all around and writes it on his clipboard, "Any problems during the night?"

I shook my head, the only problem I wish to have is to catch my brother moving the slightest.

Dr. Sanchez sighs and leans closer to check Cairo's head and felt his pulse on his arm. 

He stops leaning and records more on his clipboard for 5 minutes but stops writing and takes off his glasses just to say, "I have something to inform you, it's not bad no worries but it's not the best news either"