Chapter 4- Friendship heals all

(Anyone ship BlueLight? No? Ok. I'll Stop.)

When Sabre walked into the house after school, his parents were waiting for him. They didn't say anything as the brunette walked to his room. His parents had dumped water over his pillow and blanket, soaking them.

He walked over to the dresser and opened the top drawer grabbing a new blanket. He always hid the a stuffed bunny in the drawer because his parents never went through anything of his. They could care less.

He fell asleep after finishing his homework, but was woken up a little later by his parents. 'oh great. Another night of beatings,' He thought.

*

The next day at school, Rainbow was waiting for him at the gates with Blue Steve his brother. No one saw the bruises and cuts that littered his body. He was glad that they were below the neck so no one could get suspicious. 

"Hey, Sabe." Rainbow said as Blue waved. "Sabe?" He asked. "It's a nickname. My brother likes to make nicknames for his friends." Blue replied.

The brunette just nodded in understanding. Just then Purple Steve ran up to him. "Good news." He put his hands on his knees taking a breather. Once his breath was caught, he stood up straight. "Galaxy is in trouble with our parents. He's grounded for a week. No electronics. He won't be bothering Sabre." 

Sabre smiled as Rainbow and Blue hi-fived each other. "That's what he gets!" Rainbow Steve yelled.

Gold and Silver walked up to the group. "What's up?" Asked Gold.

"Nothing." Replied Purple. "Well, okay. Nightmare and Dark should already be here. Elemental loves to make his younger brother late." Silver Steve said.

*

When the next bell rang, it was to signal lunch. Once again, Sabre didn't have a lunch and was sitting alone when Light Steve walked up and sat beside him with another Steve who he never saw before. "Hello, Sabre, This is my cousin, Ghost Steve. He is very shy and doesn't like loud noises." Nightmare walked up to the three and sat next to Ghost's other side. "hey." He said. 

Purple Steve came running up with Elemental holding paper bags full of food. "Rainbow and Time are buying food today and Blue Steve is tutoring someone in the library. He will be here later." Said Purple Steve as he and Elemental sat down next to Light Steve. It was a big agreement that Rainbow would sit next to Sabre since he was the one who knew the brunette so well.

Soon after almost everyone was finished, Blue Steve walked up and put his arms around Light Steve, who blushed furiously. 

"Look, I have to go and help the art teacher set up like I always do every other day." Said Purple Steve as he dragged Ghost Steve away with him. 

"Light and I have gym." Replied Nightmare as they got up and threw their trash away, waving bye to them. 

I have math with Mrs. Ferguson." Time Steve shivered. Getting up and dragging a scared looking Elemental with him.

Last but not least was the two brothers, Blue and Rainbow, who sat there. "I have to go. Dissecting a frog awaits me." Blue Steve cried as he walked away. "Woe is me."

After he was out of earshot, Rainbow pipped up. "You know, Blue Steve loves acting and theater, but unfortunately, he has stage fright so he won't try out for a school play." He said, turning to the brunette. 

"We have music today, right?" Sabre asked. "Yep! This is my strong suit. Do you play an instrument?" Asked Rainbow. Sabre shook his head. "Oh. Well, I play Violin and piano because they have the prettiest sounds do they not?" Again, Sabre nodded.

*

Music came and went. The brunette was in his last class of the day; Gym. Of course, he had to spend the last of the class in the nurses office. A Red Steve who was friends with Void Steve decided to hit him hard over the head with a baseball bat. Not only was that embarrassing enough, but when the Teacher picks you up and carries you bridal-style off the baseball diamond while your knocked out, isn't fun either.

Once the brunette was given the go-ahead to leave he walked to his locker. Class was over and all the students were gone. He took out his phone when he opened his locker and looked at the time. 7:00 PM... He was late to get back home, meaning, more abuse and beatings. The last time he was late getting home, his drunk dad beat him so much, he thought he was going to die. That's what was going to happen tonight.

Sabre sighed and shut the locker door, but jumped when he saw a Steve standing there. "Hey Sabe. Long time no see." Sabre smiled at his rainbow colored friend. "Hey."

"I waited here so we could talk." Replied Rainbow Steve. Sabre nodded, telling him to go ahead.

"Why do you have no lunch every day and where did those scars come from?"