Friends. ☆

"Why didn't you tell me? I could've-"

"You could've what, Mark. You could have what?"

Silence, silence took over and I was speechless for a good minute. I was video-chatting with my brother, he says he is currently in Chicago for work but I know that he just wants to escape the problem back at home.

I heard him sigh and I looked up to see him typing on his phone.

"Hyung.."

"Save it, Mark." He said as he put his phone down and smiled at me bitterly, "I'm sorry we kept this from you."

I understand though, it wasn't like I could've done something.

"It's fine. It's just... you should've told me sooner, I can help by getting a job somewhere and-"

"And not finish your studies? You know that mom would not allow it."

"But-"

"Just calm down and study hard there in Korea. Get a degree, and I'll fetch you and mom here... so we can be together."

"And dad...?" His expression darkened suddenly, I can see it in his eyes that he was so mad, "I'm sorry."

"Just take care of mom for me. I promise to visit you when I can."

I nodded. He bid his farewell and I abruptly closed my laptop. A few minutes passed, I heard a notification came in on my phone.

"Hyung.." I muttered as I saw that he send me some money.

I can't believe that it's all happening to us so suddenly. That explains why mom wanted to go back here in Korea and why she is always leaving the house and coming home late.

I sighed and laid in bed. I closed my eyes but was awaken by the sound of my phone ringing.

"Nugu?" I muttered to myself as I swiped to answer

"Hello?"

"Hey! Mark my friend!" It was Lucas

"Hey man, what's up?"

"Hey, so where's your house? Can you text me the address real quick?"

"Eh? Why? Are you going to-"

"Text it to me quickly. Bye!" Then the call got cut off.

Why is everyone cutting me off all day? I shook my head and quickly texted him my address. I went down and cleaned up, mom's not going to be home for the next couple of hours and if it's only Lucas coming then a bag of chips should be just fine.

A few minutes later, I heard the doorbell and I quickly ran to the door and to my surprise..

"Tadah! Surprise, Canada." Yeri greeted me then made her way inside, followed by Lucas who was holding 2 paper bags and Koeun smiling widely.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, closing the door and following them to the living room.

"Well, we figured that you might need some friends to help you study. Plus, Lucas here been bugging us to go out so that's why" Yeri answered as she made her way to the couch and smiled

Koeun took the paper bags to Lucas and asked, "where's the kitchen?"

"Ah let me help you with that." I said and walked with her to our dining area and kitchen.