Oneshot: The New Camper

Catelin was a new camper, only twelve years old, having arrived about a week ago. She had been claimed by Aphrodite, making her Piper's half-sister. She looked rather innocent upon first glance, but in actuality, was quite the opposite.

The fact that she could also use charmspeak didn't help-her ability was weaker than Piper's and Drew's, but that did not mean it didn't work. She had managed to charmspeak multiple people into doing things.

Piper had brought Catelin to the sword arena for some practicing. She wanted to do it personally, mainly because she was the Head Counselor, but also because she wanted to prove to Catelin that Aphrodite kids could fight, too, and break the stereotype.

Catelin had chosen a sword made from Imperial Gold. It was rather long, with a black handle that had a small pattern made of circles on it. They had practiced a few moves, Catelin getting better as time passed. Piper was rather impressed at Catelin's quick learning ability. Of course, she wasn't automatically a professional, but she was doing quite well.

After a while, Catelin had demanded they have a competition. Of course, she used charmspeak, but charmspeak wouldn't work on Piper, so she wasn't lured. Still, Piper decided to give her a chance, just to see what she could do.

Catelin had done extremely well; in less than a minute, after some clashing of weapons, she had caused Katroptris to fall out of Piper's hands and skid onto the floor, although Piper had managed to get her dagger back before Catelin could make a move on her. If it wasn't for Piper's speed, it would've been game over.

Piper almost got Catelin one time, but the younger girl wasn't discouraged; she put her effort into one final blow as she slashed towards Piper's face, causing Piper to stumble back. She fell to the ground while Catelin stood over her, smirking as she swept her hair out of her face, pointing her sword at Piper's neck.

Piper lay there for a while, processing what had happened, then proceeded to laugh. "Well done, Catelin," she said, scooting away from Catelin's sword and standing up, dusting her clothes. "You're pretty fierce for a shy girl."

Catelin blushed a little at the remark but shrugged. "No big deal."

Piper smiled. "Nah. You did well." She raised an eyebrow. "Want to try fighting Percy next?"

By I_Blame_The_Nargles

Edited by FangirlofMany9503