• Chapitre Deux

Greetings and welcome to the second chapter of Sweet, Like Honey. I hope you all will enjoy reading it!
(Please notify me on any grammar/spelling mistakes, this way I can correct it ASAP)

———

-Serena-

Ash had just gone to get his schedule fixed and Dawn had already put her arm around my shoulders. I probably wasn't going to like this.

"So... Ash, huh. I guess he does seem pretty handsome, probably strong too." She raised her eyebrows at me, indicating that she wanted a reaction out of me.

"Don't start this again Dawn. It's barely the first day of school and I don't wanna start with telling you that I have a boyfriend already." I sighed tiredly.

"Come on Serena, you know exactly why I'm helping you, everyone knows how much Calem has changed over the past two years. Especially you should've realized that. Heck, I think even Clemont noticed all the changes, it's that obvious." Dawn gave a sigh too.

"I don't think he changed that much..." I looked down slightly.

"I know... It must be difficult to accept such facts about people you truly and deeply cared for. I just want you to realize that he isn't going to be like he used to be when we were younger, he's probably only going to get worse from here." She gently patted my shoulder.

"Uhm guys, do you know where professor Elm's classroom is?" Ash's voice suddenly appeared between us.

Dawn quickly took the schedule out of Ash's hand and scanned it thoroughly.

"Lucky you, you're in the same class as Serena, so you can just follow her to every lesson."

But out of nowhere, Dawn stood right next to Ash and whispered something in his ear. It looked like it got him a bit flustered though, yet he shook it off pretty fast. "O-oh uhm, sure, I guess?" He stuttered.

"Dawn. What did you just tell him?" I asked her in a stern tone.

"There's nothing to worry about Serena... not anymore." Dawn smirked deviously.

"What do you-" Before I could continue my interrogation, Dawn was pushing both Ash and I in the direction of our class.

"Off you go children! You don't wanna be late!" She gave us a final push before running away in the opposite direction.

"Just ignore her Ash, her behavior is a bit random most of the times, but she's really nice overall. Now let's go to biology, shall we?"

It seemed like I just woke Ash from his daze or something, as he gave a slight jump after hearing his name. "Sure, let's go."

———

-Ash-

When we got there, the class was already fully packed with people have never seen before. Well, all except one...

A powerful slap on the shoulder was all that was needed to remind me of a certain someone being here as well.

"Well well, Ashy-boy. Even though I got some rest for about a year, I truly am glad to see you again."

"Oh Gary Berry, I feel so moved that you have missed me!" I exclaimed sarcastically while putting my hand over my heart.

We both laughed for a bit until finally calming down. "But for real, who the heck would've thought we'd get in the same class?" Gary gave me a quick bro-hug. "And it seems you're already scoring with the girls, huh." He wiggled his eyebrows.