• Chapitre Quatre

Welcome to the fourth chapter of Sweet, Like Honey, I hope you'll enjoy reading it!
(Please notify me of any grammar/spelling mistakes, this way I can correct them ASAP)

———

-Ash-

*At school*

"We can't just be stupid right? The first semester has barely started and physics already sounds like an ancient language to me." Gary threw his hands up in defeat. He wasn't wrong though, I've been here for about a week now and I only understand some basic formulas.

"We weren't that bad at this before coming here right? Maybe it's just some insane difficulty curve between Kanto and Kalos." I suggested while we swerved through the hallway crowds.

Gary ruffled through his messy hair out of frustration. "That can't be it, Ash. I've been here for a year already and last year didn't give me much trouble with these subjects at all. That's coming from me by the way, so it says a lot."

"Well, whatever the reason might be, we'll have to do something about it. Sooner rather than later." We both quickly agreed on that.

Gary and I were now trying to make our way downstairs; to the cafeteria. Unfortunately, traffic was stuck nearly everywhere. "Why do all these idiots try to move at the same time, the hallways get stuck because of it..." Gary muttered between the two of us.

"Can't we go around? Maybe even use the emergency exit that goes outside."

"Good call, looking at the situation, it'll probably be faster." With that said, both of us headed the other way. We were on the second level of the building, which meant there was an emergency exit not too far away. It was basically a staircase that led down from the outside of the building. It's not used much, yet it isn't frowned upon to use it every now and then either.

"I guess it was a good thing for you to teach me the ways of this school so early, huh." I remarked as Gary opened the door.

"Well duh, how do you think I survive this mess on the daily, Ashy-boy?" We walked down the metal staircase which led to a small alleyway beside the school.

———

-Gary-

I decided it was best for the both of us to turn left, since that would lead to the side entrance instead of the main one. This was just in case a teacher suddenly wouldn't be very fond of us using the emergency exit for a non-emergency reason. I especially remember professor Rowan not being very fond of people just utilizing this exit. Once we got to said corner though, I was suddenly surprised by a familiar voice.

Just as I thought I fully recognized the voice around the corner, Ash barged in with his blatant loudness. "You know, even with your methods, I'm quite surprised-" I had to cut him off, especially now that I realized the full scale of this situation. I put my index finger to my mouth, telling Ash to shut the hell up.

After that I shuffled against the wall, motioning for Ash to do the same, and we got as close as we could to the corner without being spotted or heard. Ash was probably hella confused, but I'll have to explain later. Quietly, I glanced past the corner. Immediately my eyes widened. My suspicions got confirmed. It was Calem.

Here he was, right before me, making out with a first-year. Serena never believed us when we told her this fucker was up to no good, yet here was the proof. An idea popped up; I need to take a photo of the scene. I know it's the ultimate dick-move, but this is for Serena. If only my own phone didn't get taken during English class today. Wait... I got Ashy-boy with me!