• Chapitre Neuf

Welcome back, people! It's time for the ninth chapter!
This is the one, the chapter that will bring the first major arc to a conclusion!
Exciting stuff, regarding this chapter and the future chapters, I hope you're all looking forward to it!
(Please notify me on any grammar/spelling mistakes, this way I can correct them ASAP)

———

-Ash-

Gary and I left the classroom after the final period came to an end, but Dawn pulled the both of us aside almost immediately. Her face let off only a stern and serious expression. "You guys..."

"Dawn, what's up?" Asked Gary.

Annoyedly, she sighed. "You know what's up, idiot. Both of you idiots. I'm talking about Serena. What have you two done exactly?"

"What do you mean, you were just with her last," said Gary.

"Yes, but she only told me she was gonna leave early, nothing else," the worries girl remarked.

"Where did she go?" I asked Dawn.

"Home, I think..."

I looked to my right, at my friend. "Gary, you don't suppose..."

"That she went to see Calem?"

"For what reason would she go to see him? Let alone skip classes for it?" Dawn wanted in on our little conversation. "Gary, just be honest with me."

He looked at me, wondering what he should do. I nodded, if there's one person who should be kept up-to-date, it'd be Dawn. "I kind of..." Gary hesitated to continue. "Told her Calem was cheating on her, with a first year."

The girl usually filled with high amounts of energy had grown quiet. A simple sigh was her initial reply. "Why? Why would you tell her that? Were you not thinking? Gary, we both know things like that don't get through to her, unless it hit her in her face," Dawn frowned.

"Sorry," Gary gave no further reasoning.

"Dawn," I took the opportunity to give a more grounded explanation. "We weren't exactly not thinking. We actually did research regarding the affair and we did our best to find grounded evidence. Our intentions were truly in favor of Serena, we wanted what was best for her."

Gently, the girl rubbed her temples, trying to destress. "I get it, it would be a weird thing to do with bad intentions anyway. It's just..." Her voice went quiet. "No, never mind all that, we've got other things to focus on. Serena, do you guys think she went to Calem's house?"

Gary nodded. "It seems likely, maybe she wants to confirm what I told her. Honestly, it might be a good thing for the two of them to talk it out."

"No."

"No, what?"

"You guys, you don't know Calem well enough," she covered her mouth as realization hit her. "The things Serena told me sometimes..."

Worriedly, Gary grabbed the girl by her shoulder. "Dawn, what do you mean?"

"We should go follow Serena, I want to make sure she's okay!"