💙 Eight - No Pressure 💙

"Held a nigga down and that was love, nigga" - Nipsey The Great

Summer 2003

Crenshaw, LA

"You know I love you son and I'll forever support you, but this time around; you have lost your goddamn mind." My beautiful mother, Angie Sherrod is the Queen B when it comes to her family; even if that means intervening in her children's personal life. Ma been a headache all my life; dictating my every little move. When it become a constant thing, I began to act out purposely. Fighting every nigga in school, even around the neighborhood. I didn't care. I won every fight up until some niggas call theirselves running up on way in my front lawn. Man send me to live with her mother, Nana Georgia in bitch ass Compton. From there, I stayed reppin'' my set—Crenshaw to the death of me.

"You're making a big deal out of nothing Ms. Angie. Ermias and I are in love and I think you should accept that." My fiancé, Breanna—stood her ground, something no other female has done while sitting directly across from ma. Ma does not know the real Breanna that I fell in love with. Like every Sunday, ma whipped together a gigantic feast and invited the fam over for dinner; including Breanna. And like every Sunday, ma pleads her case about me choosing to marry my fiancé.

"Ermias hasn't been thinking clearly since he meet your ass. Marriage? And at eighteen? This so-called hustling? My son needs to take his ass to school. Why I would he settle down at an early age?"

"Everyone does it. Why can't he? Ermias and I are in love. We are getting married with or without your consent."

"Where are your from Ms. Breanna? Where are your dope fiend parents? Little girl your sprung ass don't know what love is because your parents never shown you love. My son was better off without you. I said it and I'll say it again until the day I die. No whore is welcomed into my family."

Breanna Banks is every young niggas hood princess. Standing 4'11, butter pecan complexion, sandy red natural curly hair, with a pair of two cat-like green eyes; she is the complete package. Besides her beauty, shorty come-bottle shape hypnotizes damn near everybody—from the old heads to the little niggas beatin' they meat fantasizing about my girl. Shorty is both school smart and street smart but lately, shorty tithes been on one. Hanging with a group of broads who are known for robbing niggas. I told myself not to think too much of it. A nigga already hustling so that Breanna and I can live comfortably outside of my bedroom at my OG crib.

Breanna is the type who expects shit at that very moment. Like this extravagant wedding that she dreams of, brags about, and damn near cry to me about daily. I proposed to shorty with a cheap ass ring from Walmart. She appreciates it but in the back of my head, she wishes for a bigger ring, like Beyoncé. I break my back day in and day out just to please her. I don't know if it's called love or lust. Foolish of me, I proposed to my girl without thinking of the consequences. As long as shorty is at least satisfied, then I'm straight.

"Let 'em have fun ma. If he loves her, then leave them alone. Period." Big brother Sam is my ace, my right hand man. He is my keeper. Whatever I need, be comes through. Sam started hustling out of our grandmothers house at the age of thirteen. Our parents weren't there for us, and it was so much that our grandmother could do, on top of our cousins that she was caring for as well. I soon followed in his footsteps. He took me under his wing and taught me the ropes. Hustling was our meal ticket out. Big bruh have his own place now with his girl, and soon, it'll be Breanna and I.