Eleven - 💙 Can I Live? 💙

Never had to beg, I hustle for mine
Never was a time I wasn't in line - Trina

Yolanda "Yo-Yo"
Brooklyn, NY

           "Dawg, how many times do I have to remind your ass to leave the damn toilet seat down? Got my ass covered in piss. Ol' nasty ass nigga!" Counting to ten, a bitch have to woosah before I lose my shit. I must need a guide to dealing with my feelings as an engaged woman. The way I feel, I feel like tearing this nigga limb from limb. Knowing damn well how I feel about my sense of peace and space.

            Walking further into my living room, my eyes land on various pizza boxes and bear bottles. Laid out comfortably on my burgundy red suede sofa with cheetah decorative pillows, four black ass, broke ass ape niggas playing video games without a care in this world. And the ring leader is none other than my fiancé, Junior—Monty Jr. Monty and I go way back; little shorties. His ugly ass used to visit his grandmother during summer breaks. One summer when he didn't show up, I figured he worse. Monty is a beastly looking man, even as a little shorty dude was causing hovac. He spent his childhood days locked in the joint for burglary, and some more shit.

           Monty is nothing like Trai—tall, fine as hell, talk a good game in and out the bedroom if you know what I mean, and a little hood on the side. Monty is my gentle teddy bear, but will beat a nights ass per my request. Sure Monty is not easy on the eyes but he does love me. Held me at nights when I couldn't stop the tears from falling. He knows all about Trai and Lauren. What he don't know is the heavy burden I have on my back about what went down with my girl. I feel responsible. Had I kept my big ass mouth shut, Lauren would be here laughing and joking with me. Instead, I'm having a fly to LA every weekend to visit her. And have to deal with her ignorant ass brother. Nigga damn near had a baby when he found out about me being engaged. I'll forever have love for my first love, but I wasn't about to be the rebound bitch. I'm too goddamn hood for that shit.

"Calm down baby, it's not the end of the world." He jokes, lazily scratching the back of his head; fouls diverted directly onto that dumb ass game.

"It will be for you if you continue with the shits man. And why does my living room look like who did it and why?" This man is really testing my patience. I was cool sharing my lil spot with my man, but his three idiot ass brother has got to go. Monty's brother are from Memphis too. But after getting theirselves into some street shit, they decided to drive their asses to New York thinking it was cool for them to crash at my crib. Me thinking it was only for a day or two, I opened my door to them; their family. Had I known it was going to be over a damn month, baby I'd have their asses somewhere in a fucking homeless shelter. Got my house smelling like corn chips and ass crack.

"Take a chill pill Yo-Baby." Monty's voice drifts off, and so does his eyes. Walking closer towards the couch, my body felt as if it was about to collapse. Dangling from his arm is a used needle; belt wrapped tightly around his arm. Lingers on my table is white residue, a razor, pieces of a straw, and two crack pipes.

"Oh hell no Monty; what the fuck is this shit?" Popping his upside his head, I turned towards his brothers who were pretty much out of it.

"Damn yo." I said to myself, staring at my future husband with rage in my eyes. "You said it was only a one time thing Monty. Get this hit out of my shit before I kick you and your bum ass brothers to the curb—and you can keep your cheap ass Walmart ring." Here I thought a bitch was chillaxing on cloud nine. I figured out the perfect wedding date, the venue; everything. I know Lauren never approved of my choice in men—take her brother for example. God given me so many warning signs back then, but I loved Trai and I was the one who stuck by his side. All hell broke loose once I found out the bougie bitch. I packed my shit and moved out his crib; back to my neck of the woods in New York. My dumb ass thought I was doing something by accepting this niggas ring. Small ass ring and now I know why his ass couldn't afford the nice shit—spending my money on crack cocaine.