Breaking The Ice

YAY! Chapter 3!

Okay so this chapter is a little bloody, so I rated it PG just to be sure...

I am new with this rating thing, sorry xD

-

Again, sorry for the bad english! Please tell me my spelling mistakes

I DO NOT OWN THE CHARACTHERS: Hiccup is just a mix between dragons from the movie.

(c) Cressida Cowell

(c) Dreamworks

Enjoy!

Chapter 3

Breaking The Ice

Hiccup sleepy opened his eyes when the first birds started to sing in the morning. He layed on his moss bed for a minute or two and listened to their shrill tweeting. Then he shaked his head, yawned, stood up and strechted out his body. He looked at the bigger male who sleeped on one of the flat rocks. Toothless snored softly and Hiccup felt happy. Happy that he finally got some answers, happy that he finally met someone like him.

'I should get something to eat', Hiccup thought. 'For us both.'

He walked out of the root cave and went down to the lake. He curled up, wagging his tail, ready to attack. When a fish swam nearby he clawed up them from the water and threw them in a pile a few meters away. Soon the hunting became a game; he laughed when the water splashed up on his face and he jumped around in the water, chasing the fishes. Everything felt perfect. He knew what he was, he knew who he was. And maybe he would even get a friend.

~

Toothless was awake, but he refused to open his eyes. He heard a laughter and the sunshine tickled him. So he opened his eyes after a while, only to stare into a wall of stone.

'Where am I?' He thought and looked around. Then he remebered last night. The friendly dragon. Toothless stretched out his legs and moved his tail a little. He grinned when it hurted. He held carefully up his tail a bit from the ground when he walked out of the mess of roots.

The laughter became louder and she walked towards it. He then saw Hiccup playing with fish, or maybe hunting fish. He jumped around in the water, tried to catch the fish, laughed when they slipped out of his grip, and laughed even harder when the water splashed over him.

'What is wrong with this kid?' Toothless thought. Hiccup turned his head towards him.

"Hi, Toothless! Sleeped well?" He said with his shrill voice, not with fear as last night, but with happiness. Toothless looked into the ground, hesitating.

"Uhm, yeah. Thank you for accepting me staying." He said. He had never met such a dragon as Hiccup. No one that was ever this kind and nice. Or playful, he thought and a picture of Hiccup jumping around in the water was visible in Toothless's head.

"Of course! No problem!" Hiccup replied and gave Toothless an almost toothless smile. The teeth was sharp but small, more like white nubs in his mounth than teeth. 

"I caught us some fish, if you want some." The youngling said. Toothless narrowed his eyes and looked at the big pile of fish.

"I've not put a deadly poison on it if that is what you think." Hiccup said, now more serious. Toothless winced.

"No, no... That's not what I... I just...Why are you so nice to me? It's kinda weird."

"I am nice to you because you needed somewhere to stay and you are hurt. And I have never met another... dragon, was that what you called us? Anyway, I've never met another dragon, except maybe this weird-looking thing; it looked like three stones with horns, teeth and tiny wings." Hiccup replied.