Chapter Twenty Seven

Time flew past quickly, Before Emilie could blink eight days already passed since the Delaurentis family drama. When they got back that day, Alicia spent the time locked away in the room and cried her eyes out. There was nothing Emilie could do but sit at the door and listen to her cries. Two days after when Alicia finally came out of the room, Emilie spent the day pampering the younger woman in apology for forcing her to meet her family.

Alicia made sure that Emilie knew she shouldn't apologize for her family's behavior and that gifts weren't needed, but Emilie didn't care. She needed her to know how sorry she was regardless of her family not knowing how to act. It didn't take long for things to get back to normal as the days passed by. Emilie was busy working on things for the balls and Alicia's surprise gift.

The older woman walked into the house with her bodyguards behind her, their hands filled with gifts for Christmas. She had spent the day shopping for Amia and Alicia.

Emilie dusted the snow off her coat and shook her brunette hair out of the cap. "Put the boxes in the spare room and lock the door after."

Samanta walked in after her hands filled with gift bags and boxes. She stared at Emilie blankly, "Thanks for the help." She said sarcastically.

"No problem." Emilie smiled and walked to the kitchen to grab bottled water for Samanta and a drink of whiskey for her.

"Thank you." Samantha breathed out heavily. She puts her hand out for the drink, but the glare that Emilie sent her way made her nervous. "I'm just kidding."

"You better be. Drink. Drink up a lot to do today." Emilie shots her glass quickly and pushed her locs out of her face.

"Ms. Ferla, everything is locked away. Here's the key." Leon, one of her bodyguards, handed her the keys.

"Thank you." Emilie took the keys and placed them in her pockets. "Samanta, did you call the house decorator or and how are the preparations for the ball going? Saturday is right around the corner."

"Yes, they will be here at noon and everything for the ball is set, just minor touches to be done to the venue. I found someone that makes realistic fake snow, so they will add it on the day."

Emilie walked out of the kitchen to the stairs, "Oh that's great, I would also like it if you can hang little signs all over to let it be known not that the snow isn't edible." She walked into her bedroom.

"I think Amia is the only child that might be there," Samantha says.

"But sometimes adults act like children when they're drunk. I would like to take precautions in case anyone wants to sue us the next day." Emilie kicked her shoes off and walked into her closet.

Samantha nodded but realize Emilie's back was to her, "Got it."

"Okay, Alicia will be back from her dress fitting for the ball in an hour's tops. Do you need a dress? You're coming right? Of course you're coming." Emilie looked through her closet, throwing a few clothes onto the floor.

"Firstly, stop throwing the clothes on the floor, secondly of course I'm coming. I already have a dress." Samantha leaned down and picked up the clothes.

Emilie walked away further into the closet and then back out with casual clothes. "Sorry about that. Leave them right there. The maid will get them."

"It's okay, I don't mind doing it. Part of the job is organizing things," Samantha said.

"You know the space at the back of the venue, I want an Ice skating ring there It is a family event on the invite but I don't know if people would bring their children, plus I know Alicia loves ice skating, she's been a little down since the Greenville thing. I'm sure this will cheer her up."