4

Despite the coldness the night was giving, Minho felt warm. He looked at the man beside him, driving seriously and eyes dead on the road. Chan would probably think of him as a creep by the way his eyes lingered on him far too long while he was steering the wheel, but Minho didn't care. He was very grateful to have Chan beside him that night.

But the way Chan's jaw was still clenching, how he gripped the steering wheel tightly, and how he furrowed his brows made it hard for Minho to thank the older. He didn't know what he was thinking. Was he angry at him? Upset? Was he hurt that bad? Stupid. Of course he is, there's even a mark that could tell he was hit.

He could see the little bruise, now turning to a purple hue, on his right cheek with the help of the lights  emitted from other vehicles. Minho remembered how his other cheek was cut by a dagger because of him. Now once again, Chan's face was bruised because of him. His mind was yelling at him that this was his fault. So he looked away, trying to suppress another set of tears that wanted to spill. God, he hated crying. It made him feel weak, vulnerable. It was showing how he was lacking energy and strength to take on satan's spawn of darkness.

He looked away, feeling the cozy warmth he was feeling fade into nothingness. Chan was hurt because of him, because of saving him.

The older seemed like he knew where Minho lived at the moment, since he didn't ask for directions. It wasn't surprising, now that he knows Felix is his cousin which he roomed with. So he just kept quiet, staring outside the window. He could only hear the roaring engines from other vehicles outside. He couldn't help but remember how Chan had saved him.

Minho opened his eyes, seeing someone walking towards him, but not quite able to see clearly due to his tears blurring his vision. Nevertheless, he knows who it was. He let out a choked sob when the figure finally approached him, grabbing his shoulder. "Minho, are you alright? Are you hurt? Did he hurt you?" He was talking way too fast, concern evident in his voice, which made Minho let out another strangled sob. Like he was forcing himself not to cry in front of him.

The next thing that the older did made Minho's tears come out, finally releasing that heavy load he felt. Chan was hugging him tightly, whispering comforting words while gently drawing small circles on his back. Minho clutched on his jacket, surprised how he didn't realize that he was shaking. Chan backed away a little, his eyes finding Minho's, and wiped his tear-stained cheeks, which was no use since his tears were like water coming from a damaged dam.

"Hey, hey, talk to me. Did he hurt you somewhere? You're obviously not fine. Sshh. I'm here. Everything's okay. I'm here." Chan's soothing voice was enough for Minho to pull him back into a tight hug, not minding how the blonde's shirt was soaking with salty tears. Chan just embraced him as tightly as he did.

Chan's finally here. This isn't just his drunk mind's hallucination, right? He's here right?

His mind stopped functioning for a bit when he suddenly heard Hyunho's coughing, followed by a sick laugh. His body tensed. He almost forgot that there's a faggot who wanted to use Minho again. He immediately felt the need to scrub his skin harder, until it turned red.

"Aww. Look at this, such a crybaby. You're actually crying, my angel. That's good." Hyunho was staring at them, his eyes void of human emotions, dark smile turning into a mischievous grin. "I see you have your new boyfriend here. What happened to the others, babe?"

Minho wanted to let go of Chan and just step out and choke this hideous creature until his face turns blue and his heart stops beating. But Chan raced him to it. The blonde slowly let go of Minho for him to face Hyunho, eyes calm but stern.

"Oh. What a pretty little boy we have here. Nice catch, Minnie babe." Minho could just roll over and shake his body just to let out the disgust he felt towards this guy. He was obsessed with Minho, thinking that Minho was his and his alone. But he could easily escape Hyunho's grasps by the help of his friends. And when he saw that Minho was alone earlier, he grabbed the opportunity.