{30} - Who needs an aft-kicking?!

-Two days later, The Nemesis-

Panic attacks had become a normal occurrence for Cascade. He'd have one at least twice, maybe even three times a day. Sometimes they weren't as bad, and sometimes they were absolutely terrible.

Wildbreak had gotten somewhat good at calming his brother down during these incidents, but he knew Cascade's panic disorder could lead to more problems later on in life. Starscream and Megatron constantly breathing down their necks didn't help much either.

After the whole bond incident, Shockwave had surprisingly left them alone for the time being. Wildbreak had been defiant and almost lost an optic for snapping at the scientist, but he learned to be more careful after that.

Currently, they were both sitting in their cell and wishing they had some energon to eat.

"Do you think they forgot to give us energon again?" Cascade asked, scratching at the floor with his claws and drawing little pictures into the metal.

"Probably... Starscream probably forgot on purpose.." Wildbreak muttered, staring at the door for a moment before rolling his optics in annoyance. "Ugh... I'd give anything to crush his helm right about now for what he did to you."

Cascade sighed, reaching up to brush his hand against the scar that carved its way down the side of his face and jaw. The seeker had given it to him when he struck him for being disobedient, his sharp claws leaving a deep gash. He was silent for a moment, staring blankly at the floor. "You think Knockout and Breakdown are coming for us?"

"Of course they are! Why wouldn't they?" Wildbreak quickly replied, sitting up slightly and leaning forwards on his knees. "They're our parents and they love us, 'Cas. I don't think they would ever leave us."

Cascade was going to reply when a loud crash from out in the corridor startled him. He scrambled to his pedes and ran over to the door, standing on the tips of his pedes to see out the small window.

Wildbreak got up as well and walked over to the door, nudging Cascade aside slightly to make some room. "What was that?" He asked, trying to see around the corner.

"I don't know..." Cascade mumbled, jumping slightly when the limp frame of a Vehicon was tossed out from behind the wall with a crash. He stared at the drone for a moment before looking back up, hearing the familiar clang of metal on metal and seeing another Vehicon go flying. "Dad?" He hesitantly called out, only his optics peering out the window as he gulped nervously.

"It's me, bud."

Cascade wanted to jump for joy, happiness filling his spark to the brim. He shook Wildbreak gently by his shoulders and grinned brightly, backing away from the door when he heard Breakdown get closer.

Wildbreak smiled when Breakdown ripped the door off of its hinges, immediately going into the cell and pulling both him and Cascade into a bear hug. "Boy, are we glad to see you..." he chuckled, hugging his sire back and burying his face into the mech's shoulder.

"Oh my god.... I was beginning to think you'd never come.." Cascade started to sob, tears flowing freely from his optics.

Breakdown held them both close and kissed their helms, sighing in relief. "I would never leave you two, and that's a promise. You guys mean the world to me and Knockout."

"What a touching reunion..." a voice snarled, grabbing the attention of all three mechs.

"Starscream.... you bastard.." Breakdown snarled back, letting go of his sparklings and nudging them behind him. "You've got a lot of nerve to be doin' this to my sparklings." He growled, changing his right hand into a hammer.

"They deserved it. After all, their parents set a real good example by abandoning the Decepticon cause." Starscream spat, his wings flicking in annoyance. He went to fire another insult at Breakdown when Knockout attacked him from behind and shoved his electric staff into the seeker's neckcables.

Starscream convulsed for a few seconds before falling unconscious, his armor smoking slightly as Knockout pulled away his staff.

"I've been wanting to do that for ages." Knockout said with a chuckle, striding over to Breakdown and looking for Cascade and Wildbreak. He saw them and dropped the staff, running over to them and hugging them tightly. "Primus.... you're alright.." he mumbled, stepping back and looking them over quickly. He saw the scar on Cascade's face and gingerly touched it, a hurt look on his face. "What happened to your pretty face?"

"It's nothin', dad. Wildbreak said battle scars are cool!" Cascade chuckled, trying to keep the mood happy.

"He did? Geez... you sound just like Breakdown.."

"Hey!"

"It's true!"

"Ugh... Whatever... come on, the Autobots are waiting."

-The Autobot base-

"I've never been so happy to see the Autobot base in my entire life." Wildbreak chuckled as he stepped through the portal, letting out a heavy sigh of relief and sitting down so Ratchet could examine him.

"Me neither.... being stuck in a cell 24/7 was not fun at all.." Cascade said, sitting next to Breakdown and Knockout on the ledge.

"I'm really sorry, guys... This was all my fault.." Smokescreen murmured, still a little upset about the whole ordeal.

"It's alright, Smokey. Besides, we're safe now and we got to kick some tailpipe along the way!" Cascade chuckled, flinching when Knockout flicked him on the helm.

::All that matters is that you're safe and the gang's back together!:: Bumblebee whirred happily, his doorwings fluttering on his back.

"Now all that's left to do is end this cursed war once and for all." Breakdown chimed in, leaning back against the wall.

"Yeah! For Cybertron!" Smokescreen yelled, pumping his first up in the air.

"For Cybertron!" Everyone else joined in, putting their fists up as well.

————

That's the end of Book 2!

Want a Book 3?

Make sure to comment! Thanks for reading!
:)