Out of Breath

"Stan! Please d-don't, just," The smaller ginger boy huffed slightly as he bent over himself and choked on his air, after only a second of standing he immediately started running again. "STAN! Please j-just sto- ahp running."

The raven haired boy continued, not able to hear his breathless friend behind him, gasping for air. Not until he turned around did he realise that his super best friend was nowhere to be seen. He started his journey backwards quickly, checking all around for his friend.

"Kyle?" He shouted around frantically, wondering how he lost his friend, who desperately followed him. Stan was worried to say the least, his eyes danced around as he jogged down the field with long, grass until his icy blue eyes gazed over a figure running towards him. Stan started running full speed towards the figure, slowly losing his energy and then he saw it. The figure fell forwards and onto the floor. He ran faster than he thought he could until he slowed down next to the body on the muddy ground. Laying on his side, the ginger boy covered in dirt and panting for air, clutched his stomach tightly, his long nails digging painfully into his side.

"Holy shit, Kyle! You should've told me to stop, you dumbass!" Stan called out as he helped his ginger friend sit up, pulling the boy onto his knees as he crouched down.

"I- Fucking- did!" He gasped out as he shut his eyes and clung tightly to himself. Stan lifted him up bridal style.

"Oops sorry then." Stan chuckled as Kyle slowly opened his eyes and released his grip on himself. He wrapped his arms around Stan's neck and yawned.

"Jesus Kyle, you're unhealthy as fuck."

Kyle rolled his shining, emerald eyes and Stan chuckled as he walked back to the town they called home. "Whatever, Stan. I just think it's best to focus on your studies rather than my run distance."

Stan laughed harder as they bickered about the importance of exercise until eventually they made it home.

"Yeah, your cute, Kyle."

"What? Nah, fuck off."

Stan winked at Kyle jokingly, "Only to you."

Kyle blushed lightly and facepalmed, a trait he had gained from one of the outcasts, who had done it every time he was annoyed with something. "Nevermind."

They went inside their apartment and Stan sat Kyle on the couch.

"What should we have for lunch?"

"Food? Umm nah, let's just have sandwiches." Kyle answered back as his raven haired friend went into the kitchen, he followed and sat on one of the stools.

"Alright, here." Stan places a can of coke in front of Kyle and started making ham sandwiches, "Isn't it funny how your mom pretends to be a strict Jew and is like homophobic and stuff yet your whole family still doesn't eat kosher?"

Kyle shrugged as he sipped his coke, "Guess so, just glad we moved out."

"To be fair, only I moved out," Stan smirked knowingly at Kyle as he cut the sandwiches in half, "You got kicked out."

"Ey, piss off." Kyle face palmed as Stan sat in front of him and placed a plate of ham sandwiches down. Stan laughed as they both ate, cracking jokes about Cartman's weight and Kenny's love life.

"I miss this."

"Stan, it's been a whole 12 hours since we last did this, how do you miss it?"

Stan smiles sadly, "I dunno, I just do."

"Yeah, yeah. Let's go out." Kyle put the plates in the sink and the two boys continued playing outside on the park, "I guess you'll always be a kid, Kyle."

"So will you."

"God damnit."