Chapter Eleven ~ Bringin on the heartbreak

A few weeks had passed since the argument with Slash. Everyday was getting worse and harder to avoid him. Everyone had decided to head out to the rainbow following the news that Guns N Roses we're now officially signed to a record label. The gang headed out for the rainbow, everyone was either drunk or on drugs, except Poppy. She couldn't stand to drink after everything that had happened with Slash, he still hadn't even looked in her direction since she came back with Steven. She also stayed sober because she wanted to enjoy tonight, as she knew that by this time tomorrow, she wasn't going to be with the band. "Pops you drive, I can't even see" Izzy hands Poppy the keys and they all piled into the beaten up car. Axl, who was sat in the front seat decided to turn on the radio, of fucking course Poppy thought to herself. It was Def Leppard's; Bringing on the Heartbreak. It just had to be a love song? Axl seemed to like the song as he turned it up. Suddenly the whole group were belting out the song.

Poppy finally took this as her chance to try and send a message to Slash, she pulled the mirror so she could see Slash, she couldn't exactly tell if he was looking in her direction because his thick mane and glasses pretty much shielded any emotion from her. She then saw his head move and face her, finally getting his attention she started to mouth along with Joe Elliot.

'I'm sorry but it's true, you're bringin' on the heartache, taking all the best of me'

She kept her eyes staring into Slash's the entire time, he just looked at her through his dark shades, she didn't know what to make of it. She had to pull away from the gaze and keep her eyes on the rode, she continuously glanced up to see if he was doing anything, at first he was just shaking his head and looking out the window, his expression made Poppy want to curl up and die, he looked so numb. Finally at one glance she caught him mouthing back.

'You got the best of me'

For some reason this gave Poppy hope, hope that her and Slash could somehow reconcile from the hell that they had been putting each other through with the constant ignoring and yearning to be together. Finally they arrived to the rainbow. They all piled out and were suddenly met with a bunch of girls hurling themselves towards the guys, along with the few flashes of cameras. Well this was new.It was obvious that the boys enjoyed this new found attention from the girls. They were just smiling and basking in the women's embraces. Poppy stood on the sidewalk, go rowing increasingly more annoyed. But she had to remember to enjoy tonight.

Everyone piled into a booth and Poppy stood up to get drinks. "What does everyone want?" "Just bring a round of tequila shots and a few bottles of Jack sis" Steven smiled "Don't forget Vodka" Duff shouted. Poppy turned to get the drinks but stopped in her tracks when she heard that familiar deep voice "I'll help" She turned and saw Slash getting up from his seat, he flashed Poppy a quick friendly smile and she sent one back, they both headed for the bar. "... and a bottle of vodka please" Poppy handed the barman the bill and turned to Slash. He looked beautiful, they bar lights beaming down on his olive skin, "Long time no speak huh?" he let out a toothy grin "It's been a while" Poppy weakly smiled back "It's been a long month" Slash looked at his feet nervously, had it really been a month since they last spoke? "Look Poppy i'm sorry for everything that happened" Slash looked into Poppy's eyes and he spoke "I'm sorry too Slash" she felt tears pricking at her eyes but refused to let them out. Slash saw this and pulled her in for a hug "We can try again Pops" he whispered into her ear, this made her want to cry even more as she knew that couldn't happen, not with Steven under the same roof "Slash, you know I can't do that to Steven again" she sighed "Just be mine tonight okay Slash" she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Of course" he kissed her cheek lightly.

They returned to the booth with the drinks. After dealing with the Slash situation completely sober, Poppy now allowed herself to enjoy her last night fully. She and Izzy downed multiple shots and the group shared stories and laughs over the booming of the music. "Izzzyy" Poppy moaned "What Pops?" Izzy slurred back "Come dance with me" she whined and pulled Izzy up "Nothing better to do" they headed for the dance floor and began to sway to the sound of 'Whole lotta Rosie' not exactly the type of song for slow-dancing but they were too fucked-up to do anything but just sway. "You sorted things with Slash" Izzy shouted over Brian Johnson's loud voice "That I did" Poppy replies "So why aren't you up here dancing with him?" Izzy teased "Well one: Steven would flip and two: I need to tell you something" She felt herself quickly sober up about to confess "You're pregnant" Izzy asked seriously "No! of course not, look Iz I can't do this anymore..." she felt herself becoming emotional, Izzy pulled her in for a hug "What can't you do doll?" He asked "I can't be around Slash and pretend that I don't love him! I can't do it and hide my feelings and have to lie to everyone, it's tiring Iz" she cried into his shoulder "I know Pops" he pulled her away from his shoulder and wiped her tears "You're leaving aren't you?" he questioned, Poppy couldn't get the words out so she just nodded and continued to sob, hugging Izzy again. "I'll miss you Poppy, you're a pretty cool girl" he spoke cooly "I'll miss you too Iz, i'll stay in touch but please don't tell Slash, i'll be gone by tomorrow" she spoke into his ear, he just nodded.

"Mind if I cut in? Slash's drunk voice sounded from beside them "Take her dude, she's fucked" Izzy laughed and passed Poppy's fragile body into Slash. Slash pulled her up and looked in her eyes "You okay baby?" He asked his voice deep with concern "I'm fine, Slash I just love being with you" She slurred and wrapped her arms around his strong figure "I love it too" He chuckled holding her up at the waist, the pair went quiet for a moment before Poppy blurred out "I love you Saul" she was scared that he would push her away after she admitted her feelings but to her surprise he did they opposite, he held her tightly and gave her a soft kiss "I love you too Poppy, so much" He nuzzled into her neck. "Let's go back to the apartment" he whispered "Sure let me go say goodbye to the guys" Poppy replies knowing that these goodbyes would be the last ones for a while. "I'm heading back home, i'm beat" she shouted over the music "Cool, see you later sis" Steven smiled, to his surprise Poppy pulled him in and gave him a huge hug "I'll see you Steven", he just smiled and she moved onto Duff, wrapping her arms around him "I'll miss you so much Duff, you're amazing" she smiled "Poppy i'll see you later? how much have you drank?" he let out a laugh "Bye Axl, you're really cool, even if you hide it by being horny 24/7" she laughed and he just smiled back "See you later girly". She finally turned to Izzy, he opened his arms for a hug and she melted "Bye doll, please stay in touch, I don't know what i'll do with these idiots" Izzy laughed "Thank you Izzy for everything" she planted a kiss on his cheek. She waved to them all and headed for the exit to meet Slash.

————————————————
Nearly 250+ views that's crazy!