Chapter Twelve ~ Runaway

The cab ride home with Slash got pretty heated pretty quickly. The pair enjoyed a make out session in the back seat before pulling up to the apartment. Slash picked Poppy up bridal style and stumbled his way into the dingy place. He laid her down on the sofa "I love you Poppy, I love you, I love you, I love you" he mumbled, his voice inaudible over the kisses he was placing all over Poppy's face. "Slash stop your going to suffocate me!" she giggled at him. "Y'know, since that argument I haven't fucked anyone, you damaged me" he fake pouted and looked up at Poppy hopefully "Is that so? well maybe I might break that streak?" she pulled up form under him and seductively walked to her bedroom. "God I was hoping you'd say that, my hand and I have been way to familiar recently" Slash remarked causing Poppy to let out a giggle "I guess you can give him a break then, now c'mom!" she ran into the bedroom, hearing Slash's loud footsteps behind her. He came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, kissing her neck softly. They looked at their reflection in the mirror "You're so beautiful" he said softly, she turned to him and planted a long passionate kiss against him. He pulled her onto the bed and began to undress her, taking the time to stop and appreciate her body. Rarely breaking from the kiss, Poppy flopped herself over so she was on top and removed her bra, feeling Slash harden under her she decided to rub against it to mess with him "Fucking tease" he let out a shaky breath. Poppy smirked and removed his boxers, letting his boomer spring out, she hovered over him, teasing her entrance. The two for e let out groans before Poppy slammed on top of him, the pair picked up the pace and let out loud groans. "Fuck Slash" she moaned, she felt her walls tighten around him, signalling that she was close "Oh fuck" Poppy let out a loud moan before reaching her climax, Slash let out more groans and climaxed shortly after.

The two cuddled all night and spoke about everything, random stuff like favourite childhood memories, and some deep stuff like how they would want to die. Slash fell into a deep sleep, wrapped in Poppy's arms. Poppy never fell asleep, she knew she only had a few hours to pack her stuff and leave, she also just wanted to appreciate Slash in all his glory. He looked so peaceful when he slept. Poppy sighed and detached herself from his arms and over to her suitcase. She fought back tears as she pulled out her clothes and packed it into her suitcase. She looked back at Slash but couldn't bring herself to go near him, she simply headed out the bedroom door and into the kitchen where she grabbed a piece of paper and began to scribble. The tears continued to flow from her eyes as she poured out her emotions. Finally she left her key and headed out the door.

Slash woke up around 3pm, he smiled when he remembered the nights events. He was happy to know Poppy had felt the same way and that he could finally talk to her after that tantalising month. He noticed she wasn't next to him so he decided to look for her. He walked into the living room he was met with the sad faces of his four band members "Who died?" he laughed, Steven got up and shoved a note into Slash's chest "Fuck you dude" he exasperated. What the fuck? Slash was confused but took the letter and began to read-

Slash, Izzy, Steven Duff and Axl,
These past months have been amazing. The friendships I have built i'll never forget. You guys are my family. The memories the six of us have shared in this disgusting apartment (please get a new one with the album money!) are ones I will cherish until I die. That being said, some relationships have begun that I can't continue without hurting others. Slash, I meant everything I said to you, I love you. They say if you love something; you should let it go. And that is what I plan to do. We both know that it wouldn't work with Steven around, and that's okay. I'll always love you Saul Hudson :) Steven, don't blame yourself for my leaving, it's my fault really, I love you so much Stevie, you're my brother! I love you all immensely and I hope to see your music on the charts soon. Please don't try and find me, if it's meant to be we will all find each other again. Make sure you take care of yourself and eat! I love you guys, so fucking much!
All my love,
Poppy Adler
xxx

Slash felt his eyes begin to moisten at the note, the realisation that she was really gone finally daunting on him. He couldn't deal with the thought of it. He ran to the kitchen to throw up after reading the note he couldn't help but feel nauseous. He wasn't lying when he said he loved her. He didn't want to speak to anyone, he just wanted to find her.

For weeks and months after that note Slash still tried to look for her in diners, cafes, clubs. But to no avail as it was as if she had disappeared into thin air. Slash swore he would never love someone as he loved Poppy Adler.

———————————————