reasons why i love you

Hello everyone!  I know I'm technically still on hiatus and will continue to be until early/mid-June due to finals, but I had to drop in and say thank you all so incredibly much for the kindness and support you have all shown me throughout my time on this site.  Even when I'm not active I get so many little notices that people are saying they hope all goes well for me and?? My heart,, cannot take it,, <333

It's sort of an odd thing for me, I haven't really been writing much and I suppose a part of that is due to testing and school but I personally believe a large amount of that comes from fear that what I write won't seem good enough or be up to par.  I struggle a lot with confidence in my writing - that was initially why I started an account, to learn to take criticism healthily and grow as an author while also providing stories for others to read and hopefully enjoy - and just knowing that you all are always willing to drop a vote or supportive comment or constructive criticism is??  Absolutely heartwarming??

Everyone I interact with here is so kind to me, too-?? Like what on Earth have I done to deserve all of you lovelies being so nice to me???  Please know you light up my life and I love you so much for everything you do.  You're all such amazing people and I cannot even begin to describe with words how grateful I am to have had the pleasure of meeting, interacting, and becoming friends with those on this site and??  Ohmygoodness thank you so much, beyond my capability, for everything you have done for me and others?  

But as my time with you has grown I've also gotten a bit more comfortable with being who I am and writing as I would for myself and you all, not simply trying to coerce a product that I have no attachment to and desperately hoping that others will like it.  And that's why I want to promise that I'm going to keep on writing.  Even if I take big breaks - even if I'm extremely late to updates or continuations (which, let's face it, I pretty much always am) - I want to keep writing and exploring because you all have always been here for me, always brought joy to my face, and so if I can do even so much as a fraction of that for any of you, I'm going to try my hardest.

If any of you have ever felt the way I have - doubting yourself, worried that things aren't good enough, scared as to how others will receive it - I think the best thing I can say is that as long as it makes you happy, the other stuff doesn't really matter!  If other people happen to enjoy what you do, be happy with knowing that you've made someone else, or multiple people, happier, too.  I was a silent reader for a very long time before I had this account, and I want you to know that yes, your writing, whether you're aware of it or not, is capable of affecting other people for the better.  We love immersing ourselves into those worlds, interacting with those characters, and knowing that we're supporting someone else!  

Anyways incoherent gush/ramble over.  Again, thank you all so incredibly much, I love you all dearly and you mean the universe to all of me <3

With love,
- Petri