𝘵𝘸𝘰

Eddie awoke to loud chattering in the room. He sat up, realizing he had probably switched from the wall to the bed at one point during his nap. He yawned and rubbed his eyes, cocking his head to the side to check who was speaking, and to whom. Beverly was sitting cross-legged on her bed, giggling like a toddler to the taller boy next to her. Eddie had never seen him before. The talking ceased as soon as they realized he was awake. 

"Oh, hey Eddie," Beverly smiled, repositioning herself on the bed so that she was facing Eddie. 

"Hey," He said with a sleepy croak, rubbing at his eyes to try and wake himself up a bit more. Once he fluttered his irises open for the second time, he noticed the other boy peering at him curiously with a small smile on his handsome face. His auburn hair was swept to the side messily and his emerald eyes sparkled kindly. The young man had a slim structure and was fairly tall, but still extremely short compared to the human giant Eddie had met earlier. 

"Oh! This is Bill, he's one of my friends," Beverly said. Bill's strawberry lips curved at the ends and formed a dashing smile, making Eddie want to blush. However, he held it back. Why were all of the men so good looking?

"Nice to meet you," Eddie said quietly with a sleepy smile, finding his eyelids drooping as his body begged him to lay down and snuggle into the covers. He didn't, just sighing as he tried to stay awake.

"Come chat with us," Beverly invited, patting the spot on the mattress next to her. Eddie gave a fake smile and stood up, heading over to the pair of friends. He got on the bed and sat down next to them, the memory-foam dipping faintly under his light-weight. 

"So, where are you from?" Bill asked, his friendly features edging Eddie out of his shy state. 

"Maine. But I lived in California for a bit," Eddie answered, rubbing his arm nervously as he pushed away all of the thoughts and doubts his mind was plaguing him with. He just had to get through a few social interactions and then he could sleep. He could do it, right? 

"Nice," Bill grinned, "What brings you to New York?" 

"I wanted to transfer colleges and study at a better place with better medical courses," Eddie said blankly, but his answer was only half the truth. He wasn't a fan of small talk, but apparently the boy in front of him was the king of it. Eddie found him slightly boring, but at least he was pretty. 

"Oooo, a doctor?" Bill asked in awe, pure interest in his green eyes. 

"Nurse," Eddie shrugged, not finding his dream job nearly as impressive as others thought it was. He then moved his gaze to his lap, fiddling with the fabric of Beverly's floral bedsheets. He was sure Beverly and Bill were nice, but truthfully he didn't think he deserved kindness. Eddie would be much less wary if one of them would just punch him or call him a name.