CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE » On second thought,
I'll just start at the beginning. . .

╰ CHAPTER ONE ╮

CHAPTER ONE

N E W    Y O R K

    When Iris West got out of bed that morning, she had no idea that today, a ball would start rolling and completely destroy her whole life. After all, the day was starting out just like any other day would.

Her alarm clock violently went off, which caused Iris to grumbled and fussed a bit, but eventually, and very reluctantly, she turned it off after a few seconds of it blaring into her ears. She really didn't want to get out of her bed. But, she knew shad to. With a loud, and rather dramatic sigh, Iris sat up in her rather large bed. She then turned her head and looked at her bed. Her purple and gold bed sheets were empty of people; her bed was completely empty of both of her lovers. She pouted slightly. She hated when she didn't get morning cuddles with either Tony or Pepper.

She furrowed her eyebrows together as she heard Peter's hushed voice and Pepper's worried whispers. It was all followed by the smell of burning toast suddenly invading her senses. With a small chuckle, Iris threw her bedsheets off her self and speeded into the kitchen.

  In their kitchen, the coffee maker had been turned on by a rather tired and restless Tony. Pepper, on the other hand, was wide awake and working on breakfast with the help of Peter, who apparently couldn't multitask while still waking up. Iris leaned on a the wall that lead into the kitchen as she watched her little family unit go about their normal routines. Tony was siting at the breakfast bar with Peter's history textbook wide open and was helping him prepare for his quiz that he had. It was so domesticated and peaceful that Iris just wanted this moment to last forever.

  "Good morning." Iris chirped as she pushed herself off the wall and walks over to Pepper.

"Hey, no. Get back to bed." She means it, but there is no heat behind her words, and she snuggles against Iris when she hugs her waist from behind and puts her chin on Pepper's shoulder.

"It's not the same without you guys there." Iris admitted lowly into Pepper's  ear. She smells like sleep and like their bed, and Pepper feels shivers running down her body when Iris nuzzles her nose against her neck.

   " Well, you can blame baby Stark for making me have a bad craving for eggs and toast." Pepper murmured lowly so that Tony didn't her. Iris snickered and grinned. She sneakily placed her hand on Pepper stomach. She was only roughly 7 weeks pregnant and was barely even showing any sort of possible pregnancy signs.

   " Have you figured out how your gonna surprise him yet?" Iris questioned. Pepper shook her head in response.

   " It's gonna have to be something big in order to make up for all his outrageous surprises." She stated in matter of fact tone, which caused Iris to laugh loudly.