The Breakfast (Or Lack Of)

The first thing she registered through her foggy sleepy mind was that she was warm. So warm. Everywhere.

With eyes sealed shut, Kaycee slightly stretched her sore muscles until she felt a little resistance in front of her. Cracking her eyes open, she was met by the 8th Wonder of the World - a sleeping Sean Lew.

They had fallen asleep together many times - after countless long nights of practice, hours long car rides, and inter-state plane rides - so this morning view was not new.

But the arm securely fastened around her waist, pressing her close to his side with a hand splayed across her stomach, that was new.

Also their nakedness. That was very very new too.

Sean's grey sheets covered them in messy tangles, providing some semblance of modesty. Kaycee's head rested comfortably on his shoulder, her arm thrown across his chest, rising and falling with every breath. Hidden by the sheets, she could feel her legs intertwined with his, her bare center pressed to his hip.

Kaycee smiled at his slumbering form, taking advantage of her new vantage point to drink in the full sight of him. Careful not to wake him, she slowly moved her hand up his bare chest, tracing up to his collar bones, fingertips dancing towards his jawline.

Sean took in a deep breath, and Kaycee stopped her ministrations when she saw his eyes move beneath his shuttered eyelids. On his exhale, he gently caught her wrist.

She looked at him in anticipation, watching as his lashes fluttered, until finally revealing his dream-dazed dark eyes.

"Hello." Kaycee said softly, not wanting to disturb the peace that enveloped the room.

He peered down at her through his long dark lashes, recognition lighting up his eyes.

"It's early." He replied, tightening his grip on her, pulling her impossibly closer. Kaycee gave a surprised gasp as she clung to him, completely throwing her arm and leg around him.

"Actually, it's not." Kaycee giggled as he pressed his face into hair, breathing her in. She nodded up to the bright sunlight streaming through the blinds, bringing attention to the sounds of traffic muffled by the windows.

Sean lifted his head a little to glance at the small clock on his bedside table.

"Shoot. You're right." He said, bringing his head back down to the pillow with a flop. "It's half past 9."

Sean closed his eyes again, squeezing Kaycee tight against him. They both let the silence settle over them, a warm blanket enveloping their intertwined bare bodies. They were a tangle of limbs and skin, protected from the chill only by a thin grey sheet.

Kaycee traced circles over his heart, unable to move much because Sean had her torso shackled to his side, and her wrist cuffed on his chest. If she focused really hard, she could swear she can hear little birds chirping somewhere far off in the distance. Or perhaps it was just wishful thinking, her mind conjuring up elements to make the world seem as peaceful as she felt.

"Want to have some breakfast?" Sean murmured into her hair, his fingers entangled around the tips of her coffee curls. Kaycee looked up, seeing his glossed over eyes. His gaze was a little off-center, lost in thought.

She reached up to poke between his eyebrows, bringing his eyes into focus and his full attention back to her.

"You're thinking too loud."

Sean laughed, the sound like liquid gold, thick and warm and bright, vibrating from his chest to her whole body. Slowly, piece by piece, he began to detach his body from hers. Kaycee protested when Sean managed to pull himself up into a sitting position. She clamped her arm tighter around his waist, and curled inward to press a kiss on his lower back.