20) "I prefer your lips somewhere else"

It was almost midnight, and Oliver wasn't sure if this was the time or place to do this

It was almost midnight, and Oliver wasn't sure if this was the time or place to do this. He was nervous, absolutely scared. God, it wasn't like he was asking the woman to marry her. It was a simple question, one he should've asked ages ago but wasn't sure how she'd react. His little talk with Judy had really gotten his hopes up and he decided to go for it before he chickened out.

Knocking on the door in front of him, he stood patiently outside for a full 3 minutes before ringing the doorbell. He knew Stella wasn't asleep yet, she usually wouldn't be until 1 or 2 at night, something that greatly agitated him when they spent their nights together. He could hear feet shuffling and a grumbled response and was positive Stella wasn't expecting anyone at this hour.

He hid his hands behind his back, should she get an idea of what he had in store. It was moments like these that he was glad she moved off-campus. The door opened to reveal Stella in a grumpy state, she had a silk robe on with only a long t-shirt underneath, which he was positive was his. The happiness that surged through hum in seeing her in his t-shirt was beyond describable, it made him believe that she was his. As caveman-ish as that sounds, he loved that thought.

Stella rose her eyebrows with parted lips, she didn't know who she was expecting behind that door in the middle of the night but it definitely was not Oliver. He'd been weird ever since that phone conversation, and she'd been sitting on the edge going through all possibilities and the only one that came to life was that he was bored. And she dreaded that, she didn't know how she'd adjust her life without him because over a short period of time she had definitely fallen in love with him. Yet, she didn't want to say that to him, not when he hadn't even asked her out yet. Sure they acted like a couple but he hadn't made it clear of he wanted her as his girlfriend, and that scared her.

"Oliver?" she breathed out, looking back towards where he was hiding his hands.

"Hey, sweetheart," he greeted her, and she could've sworn she felt butterflies at hearing his voice. They hadn't seen each other for over 3 days and she wasn't sure what he was doing here at this hour.

"What are you doing here?" she asked opening the door a bit wider so that he could get in. He looked at her with a comical expression and she didn't know if he was going to say something humorous or just right-out puke his guts out.

"Oliver?" she questioned, hoping to get a response out of him.

"Get dressed, love. You have 5 minutes," he quipped, looking straight into her eyes and she didn't know how to respond to that. Sure, this wasn't the first time that he demanded something like this and she went ahead with it usually, without being coerced but if he thought it was okay to see her after 3 days without any contact and demand things, he had another thing coming.

"No." She stated while folding her arms across her chest and looking him dead in the eye.

Oliver tried very hard focussing on her eyes when she stood like that, he was struggling not to look at her chest, especially when he knew for a fact that she wasn't wearing anything beneath that t-shirt except her sexy underwear.