d6 | unexpectancy

|

u n e x p e c t a n c y

|

After a week since I'd taken a tiny portion of the element Aphrodite, the healers eventually released me. They found it strange and thought it's a miracle that the magic damage in my brain had disappeared. Honestly, I didn't care what they thought, all I cared about was that I was a free man again. It's such a torture to stay in the hospital for more than a month.

Mother was glad as I was no longer diagnosed with any mental damage and ordered Toffy the elf to help me pack the stuff and bring me home. With a snap of fingers, the elf had levitated all my belongings and started sending them into a tote bag. As I saw the book on the side table floated, I instinctively took a hold of it and stopped it from moving. Staring at the significant, annoying title "How to Seduce Men", I sneered. Thanks, Weasley, as if I'm gonna take it home. Then I handed it to Toffy and he obediently put it into the bag that's currently filled with my things.

"Come on, let's go home," I said softly as I held the tiny hand of the elf. Shortly, he apparated us directly into the Manor.

"Welcome home, Master Draco."

The next day evening, I gave extra care to my appearance - I made sure my hair was soft and nice, my outfit was smart but not too formal and applied my favourite cologne. I stared at the reflection of myself in the mirror the third time to smooth out the inexistent wrinkles on the crisp white shirt before I headed straight to her office. I couldn't wait to see her. Hopefully, we can have dinner together. I wonder what she's going to say when she finds out I'm discharged - I smiled at the thought. When I arrived at her office, her assistant was going to leave. She informed me that Y/N currently wasn't in England.

"Where is she now?" I demanded.

"Afghanistan."

"When did she leave?"

"A week ago, I suppose."

You must be kidding me. What is she thinking? She should be the one to be in St. Mungo. Her brain must be very damaged to consider going back to such a dangerous place. All of a sudden, a piece of memory floated up in my mind - about a month ago before my stay in St. Mungo, I had received an owl from her mother and she asked me for the coordinate she'd given me last time. That's the coordinate of the Taliban headquarter.

"Fuck Merlin," I cursed violently under my breath as I hurried to the Ministry.

As soon as I got into one of the elevators in the Ministry, I quickly pressed the "6" button. The Department of Magical Transportation was located on level 6. I need a portkey.

The door of the lift opened at level 2. Feeling annoyed by the two men who didn't get inside immediately when the door opened, I decided not to waste more time, so I frantically pressed the "close door" button. I tutted and rolled my eyes as one of the men slipped his hand just in time before the gate completely closed and forced it open again.

"Blimey! We almost missed the lift."

Stop wasting my time, morons.

The men stepped into the elevator and I closed the door again.

"Malfoy?"

Then I realized who the morons were - Potter and Weasley. Not surprised.

"Harry, I don't know the Ministry lifts are connected to the St. Mungo ones," the redhead looked confused.