1-3 | Never Ending Class

Bree

"...Mar?"

"Yup."

"Nar?"

"Yup!"

"Nash?"

"Yup."

"Nim?"

"Yup."

The roll call continues until Yasmin is called out.

I dash in, trying to not make a massive entrance, with Greene not too far away from me.

"Greene. Bre. Why were you late?"

"We were-"

"Never mind, I'll let you off, this time. Now, I have assigned you all a new seating plan, feel free to find your seats. Take your time..."

We stare at the teacher.

"...but not too much time." Miss Tapas says.

I look for my name, I instantly see my table. I see that I'm sitting next to Mar and... Nash. How lovely.

We sit down at the table and I see that Mar is sitting next to Nim, who is quiet, but they get along well, so they start talking. I turn to the one and only...

Nash freaking Hayward.

"Nice fart back there." I say

"Thanks, I guess?" he says

I turn to Mar, who just shrugs and turns away. Rude.

"Are you really from Dauntless?" I whisper

"No. I'm actually not." He says. "You?"

"I know you might find this shocking, but I'm not either."

"Really?"

"Mhm." I say.

"I'm surprised, to be honest."

"So would the rest of the world."

The teacher attempts to teach, but the noises are already getting to her head.

"SHUT UP!" the teacher shouts

Well, that certainly got everyone's attention.

She starts to teach the lesson, while the students are "listening" to what the lesson is.

Nash

"Hey, you." I whisper to her

"What?" she asks

"Talk nerdy to me."

I laugh silently while she facepalms.

"Hey, I have upsexy."

"What's upsexy?"

"Not much, what about you?"

Her turn to laugh as she tricks me instead.

"Oh, I've got one!"

"Okay, tell all."

"Why is our teacher crossing her eyes?"

"I dunno, why?"

"Because she can't control her pupils!"

We both chuckle under our breaths as she thinks of another joke to tell.

"What is colder than the cold war?"

"What?"

"Dicky Greene's granny panties."

This time, we both lost it.

Bree

Oh, and of course everyone who wasn't laughing gave us the 'oh my gosh what is wrong with you' look, but we really didn't care.

"What's so funny?"

But of course none of us could, because no one wanted to say it, or they were all laughing, or in Greene's case, shouting profanities about Nash and I for making the joke.

"Okay, okay, settle down children!" the teacher shouts, trying to remain calm.

As our teacher attempts to calm the class down, there is a message being said on the intercom, broadcasted throughout the whole school.

IF YOU GET A NOTE THIS MORNING, YOU ARE OBLIGATED TO COME TO A MEETING TAKING UP TO THE WHOLE AFTERNOON. IT IS A VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THESE STUDENTS FOR MANY, MANY REASONS.

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO EAT FIRST, AND IF YOU GET A NOTE ABOUT THIS, WE WILL SEE YOU THERE.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

"Wow." someone says. "That seems pretty intense."

And then the bell rings, and we all rush out of English, and out of Miss Tapas' room.

Wonder what the whole thing about the note is?

Oh well.

All I know is that most of our class got one.

Even bloody Dicky.

I don't know why we got the notes at all, but apparently it's because if a possible meeting?

Weird.

So I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one that's wondering about this whole note thing, because others are clearly confused about it too.

"What the hell is this? Like seriously, why?" Dicky asks

"As much as I appreciate your opinion, if you would shut that face up for one minute, we would know." I snap

"Oh no. Not you again." he sighs

"Yes. Seemingly a "nobody" who torn down the most egotistical jerk's pride in the history of Chicago? That's me."

"I honestly hate you." he sneers

"Feeling's mutual." I shrug.

Brring brring! Next classes will begin in 5 minutes. Hurry, hurry!

"That intercom seems excited."

"No shit, Sherlock."

"Well I don't want to get in more trouble with the BP so, i'll be leaving." I sass and shoulder charge past him to my next set of classes.

💜❤️end of part❤️💜

Hey readers!
Sorry for such a long wait for this chapter's release! I've been busy with exams so I haven't had much time to update, and I'm sooo sorry for not updating earlier!
So I though I would post this part on a different day than my schedule, which is to post this on Wednesdays, so look out for the next part, Meeting.

Pic to the side is who I visualise as Marlene

And I am doing Fact of the Chapter (FOTC) in this book also.

FOTC- I like the pineapple emoji. A lot 🍍🍍🍍

So see you in the next update!

-emi🍍💜✌️