1. The first dance

ℂ 𝔸 𝕄 𝕀 𝕃 𝕃 𝔼 𝔻 𝔸 𝕍 𝕀 𝕊

I smoothly rolled my shining black Mercedes-Benz into an empty parking lot behind the restaurant. Mercedes Benz might sound like a lot for an Executive chef working in a high-end restaurant, but having rich parents does have its perk. Only if they were alive... Taking a quick glance at my appearance in the rearview mirror of my car, I ran my fingers through my smooth, dark brown hair tied in a high ponytail. Walking away, I made sure I heard the beep of my car locking. As the guard opened the glass door for me, I was instantly hit with the soft, pleasing vanilla scent mixed with the fresh aroma of coffee beans and cinnamon. Usually, mornings were peaceful at Pearl's, but today it was crowded with decorators, coordinators, and helpers. Everyone was busy with today's party preparation. Fresh flowers were being placed on every table, and new paintings were being hung. Walking towards the kitchen, I glanced towards the bar. My grey eyes locked with a pair of blue ones for a fleeting moment bringing a small smirk to my face. After ensuring everything was smoothly functioning in the kitchen, I ordered my regular coffee. I sat at my favorite table, which was on the restaurant's outdoor patio, right beside the beautiful ocean.

"Chef." I looked up to find the blue pair of eyes beaming down at me.

"Yes, Brandy?" I smirked, enjoying his annoyed expression. Brandon absolutely hated his nickname. Annoying your best friend for no valid reason. Check.

"It's Caleb, Chef." He looked around to make sure no one heard me before placing a white file on my table.

"Pardon, Mr. Brandy." I smiled, but my smile didn't last long as he jabbed his finger in his ear hole, twisted it for good measure, and then stirred the same friggin finger in my delicious coffee. Asshole. But karma was quick as the coffee was steaming hot, and he burnt his finger. I couldn't help but laugh out loud at his stupidity. I did get a stare from our regular bald head customer and his wife. Brandon hunched down to my ear, his annoyed demeanor fading.

"All details of today's operation are in here. Make sure everything goes as planned. We won't get a better opportunity than this." He whispered before pulling back. "Enjoy your salty coffee, Chef." He winked.

"Enjoy your hot finger, Caleb." I winked back, and he flipped me off before walking away. I peeked inside the file, and sure enough, there were pictures of the bastard responsible for my parent's death, along with some other documents. I took in a deep breath. The blurred image of my dad's dead face flashed before me. Blood pooling out of the hole in his head... his hand reaching out to mum who lay a few meters away from him on the floor, also cold dead.

Today is your only shot at avenging your parents. You can do this, Cami. Just act professional and don't lose your shit. Even if you feel the strong urge to skim that bastard alive and toss him in boiling water as soon as you see him, you'll have to control yourself. I exhaled deeply, swallowing my tears.

"Tough morning, is it Camille?" The sweet voice of Emily-the owner of the restaurant, pulled me out of my thoughts. I realized I had bunched my hand into fists. Shaking away my thoughts, I adjusted my posture.

"Emily." I smiled as she took a seat before me, taking off her coat. "I guess. Today's party is going to be a big one." I said, implying that I was aware of mafia figures attending the party tonight.

"Yes. And I expect nothing less than perfect from you." She beamed before motioning for one of the servers to bring her regular breakfast.