Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Amelia

Three years later

"Baby girl, wake up it's six in the morning. Don't you have to go to school?" Aiden sits beside me on my bed and mellows down to me. I pull down my covers and look at him smiling with my sleepy eyes. He brushes the hair away from my face and looks at me tenderly for a few moments. Wishing me a good morning, he kisses my forehead and gets up from the bed. I return his greeting and get into the washroom to freshen up.

It had been four years since I came here. Aiden loves me and has always been very supportive in all my endeavors. I joined dance classes and even gave performances at times. Whenever I practice at home Aiden observes and suggests methods to improvise. He had always been behind like a rock in all my past years when I was almost into depression hurting for the loss of my parents.

Today is the last day of school and after that, we are having a break. In the future, I want to be an interior designer. I applied to a few colleges too. Sitting at home was boring after years of hard work. I asked Rachel to come and join me for the vacation but she couldn't. Her college was starting within a few days. She was going to be a fashion designer. Aiden's face was worth watching when he came to know about his sister's change of plans. It was glowing with happiness. I raise an eyebrow getting amused by his reaction but he just shook it off saying the house is saved from hosting a monkey menace. I raised a fake temper tantrum upon him but he was smart to brush it away giving me no reaction.

That night Aiden came home a bit tensed. He had to go on a business tour to New York. It was for starting a new clothing line under men's formals. He wanted to expand the brand overseas for which he had to go on an urgent business tour. Aiden tried all means to take me along with him but we had some passport issues.

It was very difficult for me to convince Aiden that I could spend the vacation with Rachel comfortably at their parent's house. Though he didn't want me to be away from him, it was the safest option available. Aiden's mother is a calm and loving lady. She treats me like her own daughter. She would bake different kinds of cakes for me and prepare my favorite dishes. Her sweet gestures brought tears to my eyes as they reminded me of my mother. I lost my mom long back but God had been kind enough to send me another. I thought to myself.

Aiden went through several problems in raising me up but never gave up on me. This was the first time after four years that we were going to stay separated from each other for a long time. Earlier though he went on business tours it was only a maximum of a day or two but now it is for a week. Thinking of the time we have to spend in separation bothers me a lot but I am not supposed to reveal my worries to him. He has businesses to take care though he never made me feel that way. Swallowing all my grief of our partition I encourage him to follow his plans.

Tomorrow I am leaving for Newyork by early morning flight. Shockingly Aiden went to work even before I got up. He left me a note on the bedside table saying the breakfast was ready on the dining table and that everything was taken care of regarding my journey. I am departing to New York through one of his private planes. Though I feel disappointed to leave the house in his absence, I understand him well. He cannot stand goodbyes from me. Complete last week he was avoiding me. We talked only when it was necessary and yesterday he was yelling at his overboard crew concerning my safety. He lined up all the bodyguards giving them instructions about my security. In short, I understood he was going insane in parting from me. I was going to the airport with ten bodyguards to help me board the flight. The head of security always had a piece connected, communicating about everything. Though Aiden was not present beside me I know he was scrutinizing every move of mine.

I recall yesterday night was different from all the nights I spent in the last four years with Aiden. It was always my insistence on sleeping with him either because of nightmares or psychological fears I suffered after witnessing the death of my parents. But yesterday, I felt him in my shoes. I went to bed early as I had to catch an early morning flight. He slept almost at midnight after planning everything for me. His chest was to my back and his hand was around my waist. He was all the time caressing my arm though he wouldn't speak anything. After some time I stirred and turned to his side, he ran a hand on my face and kissed me on the cheeks. To my surprise, I smelled alcohol through his lips. He never did it in my presence. It was Aiden's principle that we should preach only the things we can follow and so alcohol was out of bounds in the house. I nuzzled my head into his chest and we cuddled each other the whole night. I felt something different about him, a sensation about which I am not able to exactly form words.
I straddled him, my chest connecting his and started kissing him on the face with my hands on either side. He held me by my waist putting me firmly in my place and enjoyed my kisses with a slight smile. After a few minutes, I was tossed down on the bed and he was on top of me. His chest was pressing my breasts firmly. This new behavior of him was so overwhelming that I enjoyed every touch and caress of his.

The next day after I reached his parent's house I got a call from him that he was on the way to reach New York and everything was fine. The next few days I was busy shopping and enjoying time with Rachel. We went to movies and malls and came home late in the night. Of course, we always had security behind us. Some of her friends also joined us. Aiden's friends Adrian and Rachel are good friends. He is too possessive about her and always accosts her when we are late in returning home. I think both of them have something together though Rachel never admitted it.

It has been over a week but still, I have not received any message or a call from Aiden. I had called him innumerable times and texted him several messages but got no answers from him. This was getting me more distressed. Aiden's mom tried reminding me of his busy schedule. Though I acted convincible in front of her, I was worried like hell about him. I began to get daunting thoughts about his well-being.

Finally, after twenty days of miserable feeling, Aiden arrived home with no intimation. I am extremely indignant towards him. Since the time he came, we haven't spoken to each other. He apologized to me several times telling me of his busy schedule but I was least convinced by his answers. At least he could have sent a message. He tried to lure me with different varieties of dresses but I turned a blind eye to all his efforts of reorientation. I avoided him all the while either by spending time with Mom or going on an outing with Rachel.

Three days later...

I was in the guest bedroom ready to go to bed when he said, "Amilia listen to me." his voice was a bit louder and demanding. I paid no heed to him and was about to reach my bed when he pulled me by my upper arm and turned me around. "Do not refute me while I am talking." He tells me in a whisper but with command and continues "I do not want a drama in my parent's house." I look into his eyes already intimidated by his aura. He pulls me towards him and my chest collides with his body. Holding my face in his large warm hands, he looks into my eyes and then brings me into a tight hug. We stay like that for a few minutes in pin-drop silence and then pull away. I could see a look of longing in his eyes as though he couldn't see me for years. He brought me to the bed holding my hand and sat me on his lap nuzzling his head in my neck. "I missed you holding like this." He tells me almost in a murmur closing his eyes. His one hand was on my waist holding me firm and the other was cupping my cheek. He looks into my eyes and hushes "Don't do it again" and then kisses my lips. He then tucks me into the bed covered with a duvet and leaves the guestroom without turning back.

Lying down I was in a trance. I hope what just happened was not a dream. My heart skipped a beat by his unexpected action. His lips lingered there for a few seconds. Though the kiss was only superficial just on my lips my heart was beating fast making me pulsate. I put a hand on my drumming heart helping it to calm down and closed my eyes.

How will I face him tomorrow?