Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Aiden

She was playing with the buttons of my shirt sitting on my lap. Her lips puckered like a cute child which meant she wanted something from me. I gave her some water to drink noting she was anxious. She gulped down the glass in one go and gave me back the half-empty glass. I drank the remaining and placed the glass on the table in front. As usual, I waited patiently for her to disclose and she placed a folder in front of me as though it was some minuscule puzzle, I had to solve.

I open the folder without a word and glance at the contents of the document which contains details of an international tour for weekdays to all the students in their final year. Seven days, away from my little girl was not an easy task for me. But with the look she was giving me, I understood I had no other way except to sign the document. I put my signature at the required places but took a promise from her that she would call me at least twice a day and would speak to me whenever I called her. "Yay" she screamed in happiness hugging me tight and pumping her fist in the air "I did it." I put my hand under my chin and looked at her with a slight smile. Can she be cuter than this?

Ten days later...

I finish my work in the office and reach an empty home welcomed by silent walls. I took a shower and went to the study to do some office work but couldn't concentrate on it. I sent her away for a week with a promise that she would call me twice a day and answer my calls. It is been twelve hours and sixteen minutes now since she last called - A clear Cheater that she is. I contacted her several times but the phone only reached for a voice message. I now curse my stars for having listened to her of not having security behind. "Aiden, I hate 'men in black' moving around me 24/7. I promise I will call you every day." She whines like a cute child and I couldn't deny her when she is giving me those puppy eyes. Having no information about her was driving me nuts with every passing second. My mind begins to hold different scenarios.

Unable to control my frenzy mind, I went to the bar and took out a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label premium scotch. I began to pace the living hall with my fingers on the handset contacting different numbers to find out about her whereabouts. After making the requisite phone calls I rest on the comforter and pull in a cigarette between my lips as I try to calm down my agitating mind.

Closing my eyes for a few minutes my phone begins to beep to see her number flashing on the screen. I pick up the call before the second ring "Where are you?" My voice was out of my control. "Aiden, I am at the airport. I will be reached." Exhaling a breath of relief, I did not let her complete. "Don't come out of the airport. It's not safe for you to travel alone at this late hour. I will reach there within half an hour" saying that I cut her call closing all the arguments.

I picked the keys from the key stand and jumped into my Rolls-Royce Phantom to reach the destination within twenty minutes at a jet-driving speed. She was waiting at the entrance of the airport with a suitcase in her hands. Taking quick long steps I walked towards her with no expression on my face and plucked the suitcase out of her hands.

Amelia

His face was emotionless walking towards me. A few seasons earlier I would have thought, he had no feelings but now I understand him quite well. He is extremely excellent at masking his emotions when it's in public. In prompt lengthy strides, he reaches me. Holding the suitcase in his right hand, he rested the other on my lower back. I was practically running beside him to reach his car when there was a sudden storm of reporters.

Looking at his face, I knew without a doubt that he was pissed to the threshold but with 'no emotions' under-display he carries the habitual matchless facade. Four of his security guards jumped around us out of nowhere. Two were guarding us at the front clearing the path from the flocking paparazzi and the other two were at the back allowing nobody to enclose us.

"Sir, when can we hear the wedding bells of Germany's top billionaire Aiden Pascal?" Will it be a simple wedding of close friends or a grand ceremony of international celebrities and guests? Within seconds there was a downpour of flashing cameras on us as Aiden's grip on my waist tightened. "Sir, your new clothing line 'Allure' has swiped away even the international records of 'highest sales'. What is your comment about it? Without answering any one of the reporters, Aiden walked towards the car pulling me along with him.

He whispered something to the security guard as he rushed ahead of us to open the car trunk. I raise my head to steal a look at him. He was dressed in a simple white t-shirt with grey sweats and casual sneakers. How could he look so impassive and at the same time controlling?

He sat on the driver's seat dropping my suitcase in the trunk while I occupied the passenger's side. Aiden quickly maneuvered the car into the silent driveway. Two vehicles pulled along with us, one in the front and the other at the back comprising of our security. So this is what happens when the famous billionaire Aiden Gregory Pascal walks out of his house to pick up his fiancée at the airport.

The drive to the house was extremely silent making me more and more perturbed with moments passing by. I steal glances at my handsome 'husband-be' to at least obtain a clue of his annoyed state. His lips were pasted together in a thin line. The jet-black hair was ruffled as though he ran his hands on it several times but still, it felt styled strangely. He hadn't shaved for a while which left escalating shadows on either side of his face giving him a sexy rugged look. His eyes were as usual sharp concentrated on the driveway ahead. But what I felt disturbing was a wee smell of alcohol and cigarettes on his breath.

Was he smoking and drinking in my absence? Was he displeased about something regarding me? Did I make a mistake by calling him at this late hour? The ambience around here is getting me petrified as if I had done something wrong.