Set us free

[Narrator's P.O.V]

The young boy shivered in horror. The blank mask just stared at him, but he could see it. His eyes, his smile, his whole face, filled with madness and sick intends. He stepped backward and bumped his back to the bottom of the closet. He wanted to scream for help but nothing came out of his mouth. So he just stood here, submitted by the man covered in blood.

He used this amount of time to examine a little more the features of the dominant character. His irises, only part truly visible of his head, were of a beautiful golden color, like a forbidden sunset, which only can be seen once in our ridiculously short life. His dark hairs were beautiful too...like the poetic and silent night.

It was his first time seeing this hunter yet...Something in him made the Mercenary's heart aches.

The time seemed to have stopped. Nothing could be heard except for the loud heartbeats coming out of the Mercenary's chest. They stared at each other, they could have done that forever...if a large body didn't charge into the taller one, smashing him against the wall.

The brick wall trembled as if it was about to collapse. Small pieces of it fell on the ground and the locker, making soft metallic sounds.

The ex-trapped boy was so shocked that his first reaction wasn't to run away from here thanks to this opportunity. Instead, he was looking at the hunter and the one who just brutaly attacked. It was William, one of the only Survivors he had opened himself to so far, a robust and brave guy. They had met only recently but they became almost instantly best friends. However, he was kind of dumb sometimes. Always going for it without thinking twice. This last action was a little ambigious, was it really heroic or totally suicidal?!

"NAIB! For God's sake! What are you doing?! Run!" shouted a female voice at him. He felt someone grabbing with strengh his shoulder, pulling him in the opposite direction.

"M-Martha?! What are you doing here!?", stuttered the young boy, apparently still oblivious of the situation.

The female Survivor was wearing a fawn air ground service suit. Her brown hair were tightly attached into a braid. She was breathing rapidly and was a bit out of breath, showing that she rushed here. She took him away and forced him to flee with her.

"I'm saving you!", said the Coordinator, frowning her eyebrows. "Why didn't you move?!"

"I'm sorry, I-", Naib had looked behind them and gasped. "Wait! William is still there!"

The hunter was totally stunned by the forceful assault, groaning in pain and agacement. He touched his mask, which had a large crack due to the shock it had received against the hard obstacle. Some pieces fell apart, revealing as small part of a large and really upset smile. His vision went totally red.

'How annoying ...those little worms just won't stop twirling around. Just feel like end their lives right on the spot  ..!'  thought the Hunter, pissed.

The Ripper then raised his hand, ready to slash off the limb of the dizzy Forward.

"You got to be kidding me..!" grumbled the Coordinator.

She gritted her teeth and took out in an extraordinary fluidity her flare gun from her belt. She then aimed at the Hunter and pulled the trigger without a second of hesitation. A huge explosion bursted from the small weapon and the projectile went straight to the Hunter's stomach, making him cower more in surprise than in pain. He lowered his arm, grabbing where exactly he was shot by Martha's habile aim.

A red and thick smoke came out of the projectile as soon as the Ripper took the full blow and surrounded the whole scene. Naib rushed to his friend and helped him get up. Running straight to the wall, he used one of his elbow pads, gaining for a few moments a speed boost, helping him and his friend to get away.