Waltz under the Moon

[Narrator's P.O.V]

It's been few weeks since this day, everything went smoothly, so smoothly.

Although Naib was still reticent towards Jack, he became more and more opened to his advances. He would be more willing to show his affection to a certain extent, for Jack's greatest pleasure.

They weren't officially 'dating', but it seemed so to everybody, except for a Little Green Riding Hood of course. He wouldn't budge, mainly because he is a tsundere yes, but especially because he was so unsure about their relation.

He was unstable and would often react overmuch to the situation he is in. Right after that he would immediately feel guilty and would apologize a lot before feeling depressed and hiding from everyone else.

All of that happened shortly after he retold the story to the others, greatly encouraged by Jack. Indeed he felt lighter, not needing to keep these painful memories anymore. But he couldn't stop himself from being self conscious and uneasy.

He wanted to trust the others, he really did. But how could he trust the others if he couldn't even trust himself?

This nearly turned him mad, he locked himself during three days, refusing to eat and barely drinking. No one, not even Jack, could enter. But then, like nothing ever happened, he came out and lived his normal days.

He never wanted to talk about it and would awkwardly brush it away whenever someone came up with this subject.

He seemed okay at first glance, but it was obvious he wasn't. He looked caged between his trauma and his desperate craving of comfort.

Jack stayed by his side, taking care of his beloved whenever he needed to, soothing and pampering him.

Naib soon was relieved and much more confident. He finally accepted to be Jack's lover and has been living his life like he never did since a long, long time ago.

It was for the best and for the worst. Nothing stays the way it is forever.

=====

[Naib's P.O.V]

I wake up this morning with a huge headache. In a groan, I put my head in the palm of my head as I start to rise and put my back on the headboard of the bed. I look pitifully at the clock and my eyes widen.

3:31 p.m.

I sigh and slide back in the bed sheets. Today we don't have any match, probably why I'm having this horrible headache.

Yesterday evening, I decided to drink with everyone. It took place at the survivors' side of the mansion because our living room was wider than the hunters'. Apparently, it also is warmer and more comfortable, their main reason for coming here so often. We mostly don't go to the Hunters' side, it's...pretty messy. They are really energetic if not wild and people like Joker or Robbie aren't helping, they are behaving just like kids (I mean, I won't blame Robbie since he is one). They don't have people reminding them the rules and how to behave, unlike Martha or Marga, yeah...they really are scary sometimes.

So we drank in front of the fireplace. At the beginning every was fine, we drank a little and chatted warmly, talking about the last matches or our hobbies. Bane cooked some vegetarian food, I never tried it before but I was agreeably surprised.

Then...I don't remember quite well. Violetta bursted into the room with even more bottles. She stole them from the cave which door is always locked. Kevin and Kreacher helped her to bring us the deliciously dangerous drink, I'm sure it was this little thief who unlocked the path! This lil' rascal!