Chapter 04: Ice

[THIRD PERSON]
[Location: The Court Of Owls]
[3:33 AM]

It would be several hours before Dick Grayson awoke from being forced into the land of sleep.

Something that he was not looking forward to in the least. They always made sure that he was conscious when they put him on ice because they knew exactly how much he hated it. He was not happy in the least when he woke up from his 'nap'. The Court of Owls certainly weren't winning any metals in the parenting department.

Dick groaned, his body rebelling the slight movement. The talons really had done a number on him this time. If he hadn't been caught so off guard perhaps he would have put up a better fight, a better farce that the ice didn't scare him.

Who was he kidding, they knew from the start that he despised any form of containment. He was meant to be free, not in these sick excuses for restraints.

Quietly he tested the straps holding down each of his limbs, bringing himself attention from the talon guarding him. They were trained in the arts just as he was. They knew when someone was faking sleep so he didn't even bother to attempt such a thing.

The restraints didn't budge, not even a millimeter. Great. There went that. Totally asterous, and that wasn't at all sarcasm. Not at all.

Slumping back down on the table he makes a rather stupid decision on his part but was far past the fuck it point in his mentality. Very far past, so past it you couldn't even see it in the distance anymore.

"Who are you, chicken little? Cause you have feathers sticking out of your arse. Seriously I can see them from over here, along with the killjoy over in the corner. Does that means he kills clowns? They always seem to be so happy so you must, that's what killing joy is all about. Or do you find random girls named Joy and murder them in cold blood? That seems like it would work too. You know I find it really funny- oops that's a joyful emotion isn't it, does that mean you'll kill me to-"

A knife slammed onto the table right next to his face as the talon looked at him face furrowed in irritation. How he could tell was a mystery as the Talon was wearing his mask but regardless Dick could tell. And boy did he crack up at that.

"Shut up, or else next time I won't miss." The talon leaned over Dick, talking threateningly into his ear as he yanked the knife out with a harsh movement. Despite the death threat Dick couldn't help but get in one more word.

"Kinky."

Dick knew that if he made jokes in his head and focused on anything but what was about to happen to him he wouldn't panic in a moment or five, not until his Grandfather and his scientists decided he was worth their time.

Which would be now, the inevitable outcome was upon him. William Cobb was a cunning man. There was no way that it was humanly possible for Dick to escape someone like that without some kind of outside help. And he was here to put Dick Grayson to rest.

"I see so much potential in you Richard." William says almost affectionately as he pauses in front of him. "But I also see a failure to discipline." Cold eyes looked into his own vibrant blue and Dick felt a strike of fear.

"But I cannot waste anymore precious time on your little rebellion. Don't think I didn't notice. It's time the Talon came back into action." And with that the glass cage began it's decent upon him. His breath began to pick up as the glass casing closed over his head. Soon the teen was hyperventilating and struggling against the restraints. Wishing to smash the pod open before it iced over and his body went cold.

But it was far too late for such a thing to work.

His breath came in frosted puffs, the heat being generated frosting over with ice. Claustrophobia hit him like a run away train, his lungs brittle with frost and voice stolen from his lips. He wanted to cry, he wanted to scream, a cry for help pleaded in his mind but he was unable to voice it.