Chapter 07: Oddly Familiar

It's been months since I've updated and I apologize for that. I got caught up in school, catching up with friends, annoying freshmen, and just generally getting situated for the year. I believe this chapter is long overdue so enjoy, and thank you all for waiting ^^

p.s. i finally sat down and thought through the plot for this story. in the beginning it didn't matter quite as much because i was simply setting the scene. but now, i have an actual plot line to follow and oof

[THIRD PERSON]

[Location: Mount Justice]

[3:30 PM]

They were to go after the being known as Talon, a job worthy of the League. Robin hummed to himself quietly under his breath, trying to shake the feeling that this mission was oddly familiar, that they had somehow been on this mission before. But that wouldn't make any sense right? Batman wouldn't have briefed them as much as he had if they'd been on this exact mission before.

They had been shown footage of the nimble blue eyed acrobat without a name that could be put to a face. The only thing they knew about him was that he was Talon, heir to The Court of Owls. It was no surprise to them when they learned that he could fight and fight well.

And now, it was the team's job to go after him and bring him in for questioning.

"Alright, here is the plan." Kaldur, the team leader of the Young Justice laid their notes out on the table. For once they had decided to devise a plan and back up plans ahead of time. Seeing as this was potentially one of the strongest foes they would ever face they at least wanted to come back safely.

Plus, the team just had this nagging feeling in the back of their heads that it would be important to plan this all out ahead of time. They weren't quite sure why.

He assigned roles to each of them before it was time to board the martian's ship and intercept the Talon. They had a lead on where he was and they weren't about to give that up easily. It had been harder than they had expected to find a lead. Very very hard indeed. It had been a week since they had officially started the mission and they had just now found his location and where he would be.

This mission had barely started and they were already struggling. Fantastic. At least they should be able to fend for themselves if they have to, they trusted Batman enough to trust that he wasn't about to send them on a mission that gets them all killed.

- - - -

Batman was sure that his files were never wrong, that he wouldn't have put this much information into a file only to have no recollection of it's making. It was infuriating to Batman that he couldn't remember and that every time he tried to remember it seemed to make the headache pounding his his skull more painful.

This pushed him to want to remember. He had talked to his oldest son about this strange feeling and Damian had admitted that he too felt something similar, like he had forgotten something important.

Batman read over his files again. Perhaps sending the team on this mission would give him the answers he wanted. If it didn't, Batman would have to grudgingly turn to one of his own team mates and have them look through his mind. As much as Batman trusted the Martian Man Hunter, he did not like the idea of anyone fishing around in his head for anything.

Batman sighed and unconsciously went back to the case that he had been trying to solve for years, a case that had never left his mind because of the horror that he had witnessed and the deaths he had been unable to prevent.

It was going to be a long night.

[Location: Unknown Base]

[4:50 PM]