Part 10

"Tina, would you like to go on a date?" Achilles asked when they were walking to the lift at the Ministry on the Monday after Christmas shopping. Tina halted and turned to Achilles with a look of surprise on her face. That was bold, she thought.

"What?" Tina asked, incredulously.

"You know, a date? We haven't had one in months." Achilles replied, shrugging.

"When would this be, and would this take away from my work?" Tina asked. Work was her top priority, except for keeping herself and her friends alive.

"Well, maybe tomorrow night, Tuesday, in the evening. We can leave work earlier. We could go for dinner, and then we could go to the theatre." Achilles answered.

"You had this all planned out, didn't you, Achilles?" Tina sighed.

"Maybe." Achilles grinned.

"But Achilles, I always stay late. This is how I'm always on top of things, how our team is always on top of things. Because Theseus and I are thorough." She protested. Work was the only part of her life that made sense and was orderly, unlike the social and romantic part of her life. She intended it to be that way because she had to take care of Queenie.

"C' mon, Tina. Please?" Achilles asked, a small pout appearing on his face.

"Oh, alright," Tina said, with a small sigh. It'll be fun, Tina, she thought to herself.

"Great! Oh, I forgot to mention, wear a dress. You're always wearing pants. We're going to the theatre, dress like a lady." He started walking to the other lift. "I've got to go to a meeting, I'll see you later." He walked away. Dress like a lady. I'm not good at that, Queenie is. If he wants someone who looks attractive and not awkward in dresses, he shouldn't be dating me, Tina thought, as she got into the lift. And he didn't even say please, she thought. She met up with Theseus and the rest of the group, most of the American aurors noticeably gone. Must have been that meeting or something, Tina thought.

"As you can see, our group has halved, since most American aurors have a meeting with Madam President Piquery's ambassador, at least that's what I've been told. It seems that Miss Goldstein here was excused from it, as you can see. We must be extra vigilant since we have fewer people. Today we shall be scouting London's East End since that is where our searches for Grindelwald's next rally have pointed. If you end up finding the rally, do not attack, or alert anyone of your presence, just listen. Have your wands at the ready." Theseus stated. In one synchronised movement, they apparated away. They landed in a dismal alleyway, that was apparently where people dumped their rubbish. The East End of London was where the poorest neighbourhoods were, and they were in one of them.

"This is disgusting," Isa remarked, her delicate nose wrinkling. She delicately picked up the hem of her skirt.

"Get used to it, Princess." another auror retorted. Isa frowned. "Princess" was their nickname for Isa, since she, well, acted like one.

"My father will hear about this," she exclaimed, angrily. They were used to threats like that because Isa's father was a higher-up at the Ministry. They all didn't care. They began surveying the area for traces of magic, or anything that could lead them to Gellert Grindelwald. Appare Vestigium, she casted, and with a swish of her wand, the golden mist spread around her. Similarly, other people were casting Appare Vestigium at the same time. The golden mist disappeared quickly, only allowing small glimpses of the magical traces. She conjured up a small piece of chalk and quickly marked where there were footprints. There was a large concentration of footprints right at the alley they had apparated into. There were the aurors footprints, which were slightly more recent, and then hundreds of slightly older ones, all with no source. As if...they had all apparated there. They must all be early risers to come to this rally, Tina thought.