New Beginnings [1-3]

[Vashen: Reboot time, fellas.]

Y/N PERSPECTIVE

You woke up on the train headed to Inkopolis Square. You had bought a place there, and had packed up a few things to help you get settled in. You took out your phone and checked the time, as the PA System came on.

PA System: "Now arriving: Inkopolis Square." 

The train came to a halt and you picked up your bag and walked out, eventually arriving at the Square. You smiled, kinda liking how alive it felt. The squids all eating at tables, the huge screens blasting all kinds of ads, the shops. Of course, your place was a bit away from the Square. Living anywhere near it costs a bit more than you could afford. Not that you minded, a quiet home was always nice. You looked at your phone, trying to make sense of the map, as one of the screens switched to something called 'Off the Hook'. The squids around you seemed pretty excited to watch it, so you checked the time.

Y/N: Yeah, I got time. 

You took a seat and watched the broadcast.

???: "Ya'll know what time it is!"

???: "It's Off the Hook, coming at you LIVE from Inkopolis Square!"

The two did the intro to their show, as you sat there. You used to keep up with Off the Hook all the time, but you hadn't gotten a chance to recently.

Pearl: "Check it! Here are the Regular Battle stages!" 

Marina touched a disk on her booth, and the screen behind them switched to a picture of a stage.  They chat about it for a bit, before they talk about the Ranked Stages and chat for a while. 

Pearl: "Uh, why is our producer freaking out? Read the teleprompter, Marina!"

Marina: "Huh? Let's see here..." She touches the disk on her booth and the screen changes to show that the Great Zapfish is missing. You look at the tower where it's supposed to be, and sure enough, it's not there.

Marina: "THIS JUST IN! The Great Zapfish has... disappeared?!" People start muttering, somewhat shocked at this new event.

Y/N: How the hell does an oversized fish just vanish...?

Pearl: "Wait, like, for reals?! I feel like I've heard this before..." She looks shocked nonetheless.

Marina touched the disk again, showing someone on the screen. Whoever it was, people seemed interested.

Marina: "There's more! Pop Superstar Callie of the Squid Sisters has gone missing too!"

Pearl: "NOOOO! NOT CALLIE! This is terrible! Marina, do something!"

Marina: "Uh.. Okay, I'll put together a sear--" Pearl interjected

Pearl: "Whatever, I'm sure they'll turn up eventually. In other news..." Marina looked confused.

They both got up and did their outro, and you got up and headed towards your place. 

You walked into your place and set your stuff down, just as someone knocked on the door. 

[TimeskipTM brought to you by Vashen not being lazy!]

You yawned. The delivery men had brought your stuff and you had unpacked. Everything but your dualies seemed to had made it to the Square just fine. You got up and stretched, before picking up your wallet and keys, and heading out.

[TimeskipTM brought to you by M E E E E E E M E S!]

You wandered around Inkopolis Square, eating your lunch. You had bought new dualies from Sheldon, who somehow made a simple purchase feel like a lifelong hell, but nonetheless, they were decent dualies. You had played in a few turf war matches, and you had enough cash for the day. You finished up your food when you noticed someone standing over a grate and holding a green umbrella. Your eyes met for a second, and they disappeared into the grate. You stood there a bit confused, but you walked over and hopped into the grate yourself.