Called it. [6]

[Vashen: "And then Marie leaned over to the laid out Agent 4, a sultry smile on her face. 'I may be a squid, but I'm not a kid.' She said, licking her lips. Agent 4 just looked up at her. 'Whut? Did you say sumthing, Ma-ree?" Vashen chuckled.

Vashen: "What a piece of crap." He looked up from the book.

Vashen: Oh, hey! You walked in on me while I was doing one of my favorite things! Reading crappy fanfics, that make me want to die. I was just reading one of my personal favorites, 'Agent 4 has big pp and gets all the wahmen.' Anyway, all jokes aside, I was actually reading a few more fanfics to see what people usually do to see if I should avoid cliches or what not, but.. mmm, the world of Splatoon fanfics is absolutely just... what even. Anyway, that's besides the point. Today we're writing a new chapter! And it's gonna be good! I hope anyway! Welp, excuse me, gotta write this bad boi.]

You walked out into the Square, holding your phone nervously. You had told Disaster to come to the Square, so the two of you could meet. You didn't understand why you felt so nervous, you had run this day through your head plenty of times. But, you could say that you never expected one of your biggest friends to be an idol. You took a seat, waiting for the text from Disaster.

Disaster >Alright yo, I'm here.

Y/N >I'm by the Crust Bucket.

You waited by the table for a while, until you heard a familiar voice speak out from behind you.

???: "Panic?" You turned around quickly, only to see a familiar face.

Y/N: "...Disaster?" 

[TimeskipTM brought to you by Kitchen Gun! (Bang Bang Bang!)]

Pearl laughed.

Pearl: "How'd you not know it was me, yo?" You scratched the back of your head.

Y/N: "I already told you my mic quality was bad..." 

Pearl: "So your mic quality was bad, but your PC specs were good?" You just looked away, embarrassed.

Y/N: "I get it, I get it, I'm an idiot." Pearl giggled.

Pearl: "Nah, it's all good. If you knew it was me, you wouldn't have been so honest with me when we were playing games, would you?" You chuckled.

Y/N: "Hmm. I guess not." Pearl knew you well, thanks to her time being your online buddy. She knew that you didn't like calling too much attention to yourself. You were fine with attention, but not enough to put you on the news or anything like that. Pissing off an idol would be a one-way ticket to the front page of some news site, that's for sure. 

But, from what you've learned...

Marie, Marina, and Pearl weren't like that. They felt like actual friends. Thinking this made you smile.

Pearl: "Ooo, thinking about something funny?" 

Y/N: "Wh-- Oh, no. Just thinking." 

Pearl: "Come on, yo! Let me in on it!"

Y/N: "Nope! You'll definitely hold this against me!" 

Pearl: "Now I really got to know!" You giggled.

Y/N: "I'll think about it if you buy me some food." 

Pearl: "Ugh. You're such a glutton."

Y/N: "Those are my conditions, deal with it." 

Pearl: "Ah, whatever. I was hungry anyway." The two of you got up and got some food, talking the way you usually did.

[TimeskipTM brought to you by KarpKorp!]

You had told Pearl you were smiling because you were going to beat her on SSBU today. She took it as a challenge and you told her you'd tell her when you were free. After telling her this, you went to Octo Valley, since Marie had texted, telling you to get some work in. 

You came out of the pipe with your gear on, before knocking on the Cabin door. Marie walked out and smiled.

Marie: "Good to see you, 4." 

Y/N: "Well, you did call." Marie chuckled.

Marie: "Alright, go ahead and get going. I expect you to put some actual work into it!" You jogged off as she said this.

Y/N: "I always put 'actual work' into it!" You grinned before running off.

[TimeskipTM brought to you by me! Yeah. You read that right. ME.]

You rolled away as an octoling shot at you, before swimming to suitable cover, just as Marie called.

Marie: "Hey, 4. How's it going?" You peeked out of the corner, seeing that the Octolings were methodically inking the ground to see if you'd show up.

Y/N: "Oh, ya know. Going." 

Marie: "I'm guessing this isn't the best time?" 

Y/N: "No, not r-- OH CARP!" 

You dived out of the way as an Octoling rounded the corner with a baller, making you swim for dear life. You had accidentally hung up on Marie, but now wasn't the time for that. You hopped out of the ink and shot at the baller, hoping to get rid of it. The other Octolings noticed you and rushed over, making things a tad more complicated. You splatted two of them with an ink bomb, before barely diving out of the baller's explosion range. You finished off the last Octoling with a few shots from your Hero Shot before exhaling.

Y/N: Looks like I'm just about done...

You grabbed the last mini Zapfish and left, super jumping back to Octo Valley.

[TimeskipTM brought to you by *insert your own ad here!*]

Y/N: "I'm back!" 

Marie: "Heya, 4. Sorry for calling earlier." 

Y/N: "Nah, it's all good. So, what did you wanna ask?" You picked up your bag of clothes.

Marie: "Oh. I kinda forgot." You chuckled and started walking off to change, before peeking back into the cabin.

Y/N: "Oh yeah, and about the disk yesterday..." Marie looked up.

Marie: "What about it?"

Y/N: "I think Spicy Calamari Inkantation was my favorite." Marie chuckled.

Marie: "That is a cult favorite." You grinned before leaving. You peeked back for a second.

Y/N: "Although, I think Tide Goes Out was a close 2nd." With that, you left as a small smile spread across Marie's face.

[Vashen: Greetings boy-os. Tis I, Vashen, back from the pits of hell with a brand-spanking new chapter, just for you lovely gents and gals. Well, if we have any gals here. I don't think we do, considering this is a harem book. But hey, if you're a gal and reading this, greetings. Anyway, apologies for the small chapter, this is roughly 100~200 words smaller, this was just a really nice spot to leave off on. I hope the Pearl bit is decent, I kinda stressed over it. Also, Y/N's favorite Squid Sisters songs are:

-Spicy Calamari Inkantation

-Tide Goes Out

-Bomb Rush Blush

Vashen: Yes, I know Tidal Rush exists, but I didn't know it existed until I started writing this outro bit, so...

Oh well. I did freak the hell out when YouTube autoplay slid this into my ears, so do expect Y/N to freak the hell out when he stumbles upon it too. Anyway, there ya go! Another chapter down, and I have an extreme case... of the thirsties. Excuse me while I get a drink.]