Wait, what? [4]

[Vashen: So I have a rough understanding of what I wanna do for this bad boi. A nice little bit of slice of life with you and Marie (I'm not jelly, I swear) a bit of agent work, and a few other things. Also, I did a bit of Splatoon fanfic research, and apparently quite a few people see Callie as some sort of seductress that's faking being an airhead? Or maybe that's just a few people and all the fanfics I saw just featured a seductress Callie? Well, if you came here hoping to see some of that, then too bad. Callie is an adorable airhead, and I'm keeping her that way. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to playing Animal Crossing on my Nintendo 3DS.]

Marie: "Alright, I'm heading to bed. Get some rest, we'll be heading to the Octo Valley tomorrow." 

Y/N: "Got it. Night Marie."

Marie: "Night." She walks off as you sit on the couch. To be honest, her telling you that had been a bit of a sudden twist... 

EARLIER. . .

Y/N: "...Eh?" The two of you sat in silence for a second, before Marie spoke again.

Marie: "You heard me. If you don't have a place to stay, you can come live with me for now. But just until you get a new place." 

Y/N: "U-Uh, yeah! Of course!" 

Marie: "Just to make sure, you're not some sort of pervert, are you?" You felt your face get a bit red. 

Y/N: "No, of course not!" She nodded.

Marie: "Alright, good. Come on then, let's head home." She started walking off and you followed her. 

PRESENT. . .

You thought to yourself as you looked around her apartment. You kinda expected her to have a huge house or something, but it was just a humble apartment. Of course, it was a decent one, having two bedrooms and plenty of space for at least 4 people. You guessed the second bedroom was for Callie, the second inkling in the Squid Sisters. Marie hadn't mentioned her, but it was kinda obvious with all the pictures of the two laying around. Speaking of this place, you kinda felt like if you stepped off the couch, Marie would be back in the living room with a roller and a tank n' a half of whoop-ass. You shuddered at the thought, before lying on the couch. You hadn't told her thank you properly yet, so maybe you could do something tomorrow... with that thought, you drifted to sleep. 

[TimeskipTM brought to you by Qumu's epic beats!]

You woke up surprisingly early the next day. You quietly got out of the bed and changed your clothes before trying to figure out what it was you wanted to do to thank Marie for letting you stay. You walked over to her kitchen and noticed she had cooking supplies, but it didn't seem like she had made anything recently. You thought about what to do, before deciding to write Marie a note saying you were going out to buy some groceries in case she woke up, before leaving. 

You quickly bought what you needed before walking out into the Square. You were fresh out of money, since you had lost practically everything to Marie. You headed back to Marie's place, before setting to work on making pancakes. 

???: "Oh. You're up?" You looked towards where the voice had come from to see Marie walking over to the table. 

Y/N: "Yeah, I thought that I could at least be a bit helpful if I'm gonna stay here for any amount of time." 

Marie: "....So have you ever been to anyone else's place?"

Y/N: "Not particularly. Although, it's probably because I didn't really have many friends back when, I was the nerdy type. I guess this would kinda be like my first sleepover." You grinned and she sat there for a second, seemingly surprised at your naivete before giggling slightly.