Her Mentor Part 31 (B)

"What are you going to say to her?" Normani asked.

Mr. Hamilton's facial expression remained stoic. "I need to know what her intentions are."

"Dad, come on," the young woman said with a sigh. "You met her, she invited you into her home—and she's super private—she was generous the whole time you were in Cali, making sure you were comfortable and having a good time. Even mom said she could see that Beyoncé's cares for me. What reason do you have to doubt her---excluding Shawn because I'm not talking about him right now. I'm talking about me specifically."

Mr. Hamilton was quiet for a moment. "This is a lot for me to take in, Normani. I know you are a grown woman, but you're still my baby, which means I am always gonna be protective of you. Even if it is Beyoncé."

"I know," Normani said softly. "But I didn't tell you or mom for approval." She maintained eye contact, ensuring that her father understood she was serious. It was time that she started acting more like an adult. Based on that text Beyoncé had sent her, she implied that she thought Normani could be very immature at times; case in point: flying out the state without any head's up.

The last thing she wanted was for Beyoncé to become so turned off that she decided the relationship couldn't progress.

"Oh, well excuse me then," Mr. Hamilton said.

"And please don't tell anyone else."

"I won't. But your mother and I need more information so we can know how to help you."

Normani looked at him questioningly. "So does that mean you're not mad anymore?"

"I'll decide after I talk to Beyoncé."

Normani rolled her eyes playfully. "You know, this is real funny coming from you because you were acting like a stan when we were in a Cali."

Mr. Hamilton made a face. "A stan? As in Eminem 'Stan'?"

Normani laughed. "Yup! You acted like a groupie, dad."

"Well I had no idea that her hospitality was because she was dating my daughter, so excuse me." He smirked. "If she were a man I'd have to kill her."

"Dad!"

Mr. Hamilton's face showed no signs of remorse or amusement. "Let me know when she can talk," he said before walking out the room.

Meanwhile...

"What do you think?" Beyoncé asked Princeton and Ryan.

The three of them were at Beyoncé's favorite jewelry parlor.

"Honestly, I don't really see her wear much jewelry," Princeton said. "But what girl wouldn't love to have her own diamonds?"

"Right, and especially coming from you," Ryan added, looking at Beyoncé.

The CEO smiled. "You know, when she goes on shopping sprees, I'm always telling her she can spend more than she does. The most expensive thing she got was something from Chanel and some Manolos." Beyoncé laughed some and shook her head.

"Well, it shows she's not a gold-digger," Princeton said.

"Mani is definitely not a gold-digger," Ryan and Beyoncé said at the same time. They looked at each other and laughed.

Princeton smiled. "Duh. But is there a special anniversary or something coming up? Because you're pulling all the big guns today."

The executive assistant had a point. Before going to the jewelry store, Beyoncé invited the young staffers to accompany her at the dealership.