01

Anjali and Aman sat on the chair as they talked about each other

Anjali and Aman sat on the chair as they talked about each other. It's a good proposal and Aman seems to be the perfect match for Anjali who is in the late twenties. Both of them already took a liking for each other. Aman and his family are about to exit when Arnav entered the room.

Arnav Singh Raizada the only brother of Anjali who is three years younger than him. Aman's family looked at Arnav from head to toe making him uncomfortable. Even after all these years, he isn't able to handle the way people stare at him.

"Who is he?" Asked Aman's mother.

"He is Anjali's brother," Ratna said to them.

"Brother??" Raj, father of Aman asked again to confirm.

"Yes, my adopted brother." Anjali lied smiling at them.

Arnav swallowed the lump in the throat when he heard his di told them that he is her adopted brother. Arnav greeted the guest and went to his room. Ratna and Arvind looked at Anjali with a disappointed look.

Arnav straightly went to his room and lied on his bed. He hated it, he hated how people only find his flaws. It pained when he recalled what happened downstairs, but he doesn't feel any anger towards his elder sister. Because of him, all the alliance or relationship she had didn't work. When they know that he is her brother, most of the boys will break up with her. He can't blame his di for telling that lie. At the age of 30 being unmarried is a big problem for an Indian woman. He heard his parents questioning Anjali after some time. He removed his hearing aid and laid down on the bed not wanting to hear any hurtful words.

"Why did you lie to them, Anjali?" Asked Arvind.

"Then what should have I done. Tell them that I have a brother like him and this one too will get rejected like always."

"Shut up Anjali... You have hurt chote with your behaviour." Her mother told her.

"Yeah, it's all about him... For you only he matters... I have been sidelined from the moment he was born." Anjali shouted and went to her room leaving her parents in shock. Arvind and Ratna looked at each other not knowing what happened with their daughter. Arvind wrapped his arms around Ratna as she sobbed onto his shoulder.

"Did we really neglected her when we were busy taking care of chote?" Ratna asked him. Arvind patted his wife's head, not knowing what to answer her.

******

Arnav is on his way back to his home in his truck filled with supplies for his farm. He sat behind the truck while his helper Ramesh drove through the secluded road.