Last Chapter

It took me two weeks to type this whole chapter. So pardon the mistakes. I tried my best to make it short.

Happy Anniversary To Me. It's been two years since I posted my first story (Flawsome) here in WP.

No proof reading

*****************

It's been two months since they were staying in hospital along with Navika

It's been two months since they were staying in hospital along with Navika. In these two months, she had two surgeries, one to close the cleft palate and other to correct her jaw. For Arshi and their family, it was hard to see Navika lying on the bed with tubes and wires attached to her little body. There were several moments when she used to cry in pain. More than anyone else, Khushi break down into tears hugging Arnav who stood strong for both his wife and daughter. At that moment he realised the depth of love his parents have for him. His parents were in the same shoes like him a thirty four years back. Now he can understand the emotions they have been went through. 

Arvind and Ratna came to the hospital with the lunch. Khushi was taking a nap while he and his father went outside to buy a few things. They were near to the lift when Arvind noticed his distressed son.

"Are you okay chote?" Arvind asked placing his hand on his shoulder. Arnav looked at his father and hugged him tight.

"I'm so sorry papa, I'm so sorry for hurting you with my words all these years." Arnav said to his father.

"What happened chote?" They disentangled from the hug and his father placed his hand on his son's cheek.

"Now I know how you and maa have felt seeing me like that in the hospital. Several times I have said that I was a burden to both of you . I never believed your words when you said that but now I knew the truth. Sorry for not trusting you papa. I can't imagine if Gulab say something like this to me. Both of you loved me so much enough to give me this life. I'm so sorry for not appreciating it till now." He told his father as tears rolled down from his eyes.

"Shh chote, it's okay. You shouldn't cry like this." Arvind wiped his tears before wiping the tears off from his son.

"For parents, children are not a burden. We can understand why you felt like that but you were not a burden. No matter what happens we will be always there for you chote. We are happy that you got a wonderful life with Khushi and Gulab. I can understand that you are worried for Gulab. Years back we were also worried for you like this. It's hard to see your child going through all those pain but it all would be worth it when you see her leading a normal life with a smile on her face. For every pain, God will give you something in return chote. Just like the way you got Khushi and Gulab, our Gulab will also get something from God." Arnav felt relieved after hearing his father's word.

"Keep trust on God chote, he won't let you down." Arvind told his atheist son and he nodded his head. 

"Come now let's go or else your mother will send search parties for us if we are late." Saying this they went out.