06

Comment and Vote 😊

Arnav placed his hearing aid on the dining table and went to his farmhouse. He felt an intense anger over Khushi for being this stubborn. When he saw the face of their baby in the scan, all he remembered was the experiences he went through.

'Why can she understand why I don't want this baby? I'm not being cruel, but just practical. My baby will be happy in another world where she or he won't face any discrimination just because of their look. How can she think that everything will be fine in their baby's life? This society won't accept anybody who is not perfect according to its parameters. Why she is so stubborn? Why she wants to see their baby suffering in front of them?' A lone tear rolled down from his eyes thinking about his child and wife.

Meanwhile, in his house, Khushi laid down on the bed wrapping her arms around her stomach.

"Amma loves you a lot baby, your papa too loves you. He is just afraid for you." She consoled herself and the baby as she silently sobbed onto the pillow. She can feel slight movement inside her tummy which intensified her sorrow. She has a life inside her, a life which can move and sense it's surrounding. She can't bring herself to think about killing the life they have created with their love.

Khushi heard a knock on her door and find her mother in law standing there.
"Maa, do you need something?" Khushi asked wiping her tears.

"I came to give you some food bitiya," Ratna said placing some evening snacks for her.

"I know it's between husband and wife, but what happened Khushi bitiya, why did Chote storm out like that?" She sat beside her pregnant daughter in law.

"He doesn't want this baby Maa." She leans onto Ratna's shoulder and wept.

"What happened in the hospital?"

"We had a 3D scan and saw all the abnormalities our baby is having. Arnav got terrified by that and now he wants me to terminate this pregnancy. I can't do this Maa, I want to give a chance to my baby." She said touching her stomach.

"I can understand both of your feelings bitiya. Arnav is terrified because he knows what all the baby have to face in this society. Bitiya, do you know what all you have to face if you give this baby a chance. Will be able to see your baby in pain with all those wires and tubes attached to the little body? It's hard to see all that bitiya. Arnav had his first operation when he was just 6 weeks, my chote used to cry in pain and we couldn't do anything to put him out of misery. When all parents point down their child's milestones, we used to pray to keep him alive." Tears started to roll down from Ratna's eyes as she remembered the initial life of Arnav.

"I used to curse myself for being responsible for his condition. Along with society taunts, you get for having a child like that. Chote know everything, he has seen and felt the pain. My chote won't be able to see his child going through that path. Bitiya, can you withstand all these? Can you see your child going through all those pain? You have to take a decision considering all that. Take your time, for now, have this and take rest." Ratna said wiping her tears and placing the plate in front of her.

"Chote must have gone to his farm, call him after having this food," Ratna said making her eat the light snacks he brought for her.

"Maa, papa is calling you for something. You should go and check what he needs, I will have this." Khushi said hearing Arvind calling Ratna.

"Have the food bitiya. I will be back soon." Saying this Ratna walked out. Khushi took her phone and called Arnav while having the fruit salad. Tears started to fill in her eyes when he didn't pick up her call. She sends messages for him and didn't get any reply. She placed the plate on the table and lie down on the bed sobbing. Khushi slipped into sleep in between her sob.