07

I hope that you will like this chapter

**************

Khushi opened her eyes and looked around. She found Arnav sitting beside her holding her hand.

"Khushi, how are you feeling?"

"I'm okay. Is our baby fine?" She asked him.

"Yes, it's a baby girl, our Navika. She is in NICU now. Don't worry they are doing their best, she is a fighter." Arnav told her.

"Did you see her?"

"Yes, from outside the NICU. She is so small Khushi. So fragile and beautiful just like you. I want her to be alright and be with us." Arnav said as a thin layer of tears covered his eyes.

"I have trust on my devimaiyya, our Navika will be okay. Arnav, I want to see her." Khushi told him.

"Your wounds are still fresh Khushi. We can go after consulting with your doctor. For now take rest."

"Where are they all?" Khushi asked about their family.

"They all are outside. Don't worry. Is the wound paining a lot?" He enquired about the cesarean incision on her abdomen.

"No, may be because of the pain killer."

"Khushi, thanks for going through all these for bringing our Navika into this world." He kissed her knuckles.

"Don't thank me because this is the second best thing I have ever done. First being married to you." She squeezed his hand and they smiled at each other.

The nurse checked Khushi and told her not to strain much. Raizadas and Gupta visited them and saw little Navika lying in the NICU. They all hoped that she would able to overcome all the obstacles in her life.

Arnav and Akash visited the doc and she told them about the situation. Navika is been kept under NICU as she is premature baby. She have microtia(ear deformity), jaw deformity and cleft palate(open on upper portion of mouth). Because of microtia, right now their baby can't hear anything. Both of them will be discharged within a few days.

Arnav told everyone about what the doctor told him. Khushi got excited knowing that she can meet her baby soon. Arnav didn't told her what the doctor informed him.

The next day,

They wheeled Khushi to the NICU.

"That's our baby." Arnav said pointing at their bundle of joy. Her eyes started to get teary as she saw their baby lying on the little bed with wires attached on her body.

"She is beautiful Arnav. Our Navika is so beautiful." Khushi said with a smile and wiped her tears.

"She is, just like her mother." He said holding her closer to him. She hoped that her devimaiyya will protect her child from everything and give her to them.

Next day, they all were sitting in the room waiting for Navika's arrival. The nurse brought the baby into the room. They cried seeing the baby so close to them. The nurse placed Navika on her mother's arms. Khushi held her baby close and kissed her forehead. The baby wrapped her little fingers around her parents finger

"Hey, we are your parents." Khushi told as the baby stared at them.

"She have your eyes and lips, Khushi." Arnav said looking at the little miracle.

"We love you a lot. You have to fight for us and then be with us." She said lightly stroking the head of her sweet baby.

"How can we feed her?" Khushi asked the nurse knowing that she can't breastfeed her baby because of the cleft palate on her upper gum.